• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To The Guys Who Sold And Installed The Current Computer System To My Bar:

Fuck you.

No, seriously.

Fuck you.

Hell, not just fuck you. Fuck you, your family, your cousins, your cousins' friends, your friends, your friends' cousins, people who pass you in the mall, people who talk to you, people who have sex with you, people who think about having sex with you, people who are nice to you, the horse you rode in on, the horse cousins of the horse you rode in on, the horse friends of the horse you rode in on, the horse cousins of the horse friends of the horse you rode in on, John Elway, your parents for bringing you into this world and raising you, your teachers for training you, apparently very badly, your company for doing what it did (see below), the car you drove in in, the guy who sold you the car you drove in in, the horse trailer that you used to tow the horse you rode in on behind the car you drove in in, and your podiatrist. Fuck the lot of you.

WHY, you ask?

Well, let's see:

1. The new computer system you sold us is the biggest piece of crap in the history of computer systems.
    2. The new computer system you sold us is the biggest piece of crap in the history of pieces of crap.
    3. It does exactly none of the hundreds of things you promised us it would do.
    4. It crashes. A lot. Even more than the system it replaced, that you convinced my bosses it was better than.
    5. It's slow. How slow? There was a meeting between snails, molasses, James May (aka "Captain Slow"), senior citizen drivers, the post office, the DMV, the 405 Freeway in Los Angeles, golf carts, Edsels, Yugos, quicksand, Winnebagos, and Peyton Manning, and they came to the conclusion that your system is too damn slow.
    6. It sucks. It takes forever to program, and once it's programmed, it still doesn't work right, with bad credit card readers, orders that simply disappear for no reason, discounts that even when saved don't always stay in the order, and overall simply myopic ways of doing things. The boys at our previous system were charging a lot for their new version, and frankly, I wish my management would have paid it, because their old, slow, unreliable system that we had was superior to your allegedly new, allegedly fast, allegedly reliable, allegedly state of the art system in every single way.
    7. You suck. You guys designed and programmed the fucker, and even you can't figure out what's wrong when it goes belly up. Which it does as often as Lindsay Lohan goes down on law enforcement personnel to get out of her latest ticket/scandal/fuckup/felony drug charges.
    I could go on and on (the gods know I could!), but today was the absolute pinnacle of Suckitude. The entire DAY your system could not do a fucking thing, going down repeatedly, making it necessary for my coworkers in the afternoon to hand write tickets for their party of SIXTY. Why? Because your idiotic lameass system was not sending shit to the kitchen.

Sadly, the day shift had it easy by comparison. Because come happy hour, not only couldn't we get shit to the kitchen, we couldn't even print out checks for our guests.

And then it got even nastier. Because not only could we not print out checks for our guests, we couldn't even get into the system to add to checks or to start new checks. The last SIX checks I worked, I did by hand and collected cash for, since a credit card was not an option since I couldn't open a new check, add to the new check, print the new check, close the new check, or run a credit card for the new check.

For the first time in my FIVE YEARS of working at the bar, I actually do not know if my drawer balanced at the end of the night, as I had to give the drawer to my manager with the written list of stuff that needed to be rung in and cashed out (that I had collected cash for), and my manager couldn't even do my comps.

I told my coworker that you lot should be taken to the middle of the street and beaten publicly. My coworker suggested we do it with the monitors of the computer system you morons installed. I told her she was being too nice, and if it were up to me, the beatings would be done with two by fours studded with rusty nails.

I have no doubt that you are worthy human beings and have many talents. But clearly those talents have absolutely not a fucking thing to do with computers, let alone restaurant computer systems. You and your ilk make me want to bring back the stockades, public floggings, and execution holidays.

In closing, I hope you get genital herpes, not only on your privates, but also on your face. I hope your children grow up to perform in donkey shows in Mexico. I hope your loved ones develop itches in places they can't scratch. I curse you and your brood, and wish you nothing but the worst. I look forward to the day you are justly punished for your crimes against our establishment by being forced to watch the entire Twilight series repeatedly, with your eyes forced open, and a rabid epileptic porcupine in your lap.

Why yes, folks, today DID suck. Why ever do you ask?
    Last edited by Jester; 04-01-2012, 04:17 PM.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

*blinkblink*
    ...wow...

....I don't think I've EVER seen you rant quite like this Jester.

...wow...

I'd offer you booze but hell, you've got more and better booze that I do. How about some cookies to go with the booze? I make em myself.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Tell us how you reeeally feel Jester.
      "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Comment

Quoth pitmonkey View Post
        Tell us how you reeeally feel Jester.
        I 2d this. I have seen some crappy computer system roll outs but>>>>>>
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

"Hello, computer company? Need to you come and completely remove this so called 'system' you installed and issue a 200% refund. The extra 100%? For lying about how good the system is and to reimburse my employees for all their extra work caused by your POS system. No, I expect your crew in _today_ to do this, and bring a check with you. No? OK then, see you in court!"

Hey, it's the dream!

Comment

Wow. Holy hell.

As often as I trash-talk my company's software, even we aren't this bad. This is beyond unacceptable.
            "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Death's too good for them.

They should be subjected to Vogon poetry for the rest of eternity.

While being fed Jeremy Clarkson's V8 "Man's Drink" special blend (aka "The Bloody Awful") for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

what about the future grandchildren of the podiatrist that rode the horse that they rode in on?

Ho-lee shit I guess you really don't like this new system.
                https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

And here I thought when Random Craft Store got new registers, there were a lot of problems to go along with it. I have some cake left over, I'll just add it to the pile of cookies.
                  Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Holy moly, Jester, your system sounds like ours!

Lately, the handhelds we use to create cutting slips have been zoning out more often than a narcoleptic opossum. We've had them serviced, reprogrammed, etc. and still we have to deal with this several times a day, every day. Very, very aggrivating when you're in the middle of twenty different cuts for one customer and the handheld goes blank.

Now granted, I'm no computer programmer, and I know that any system invented by an imperfect species as humans is going to be imperfect, but seriously, if something's broken, fix it! Especially when it's vital to a business.
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

That's terrible.
                      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Let me guess:
                        There was no test/beta test run, no temp install to try it out?
                        I bet Pederson would love to come over and compare your platform with his job's duct taped POS.
                        I am sorry you are now entangled in a mess of code. Ya might just need to go back to pencil and paper while this shit gets ironed out. If it can get ironed.
                        In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                        She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Oh, c'mon Jester. I KNOW you can come up with something worse than Twilight to subject them to. I mean, maybe some crap movies from the 70s, with all the disco and psychedelic Tie-Dye crap.

SC
                          "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Food has already been offered.. and you got plenty of booze. All I got is this huuuge steel mallet called Bertha. Want to borrow her for the system? It might be permanently down afterwards, but you'll feel heck of a lot better!

Not that it would make much difference if it was permanently down, apparently.
                            If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

It sounds like whoever sold the bar owners on this new system were full of shit and told all kinds of lies to make a commission.

Now, the guys who installed it might have been douchebags too, but I suspect the original problem can be traced to dishonest sales reps.
                              "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Working...
                              X