Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They all were full of shit. Every single thing they promised my GM that the system would do, it doesn't. Forgetting the fact that these people have no experience in restaurants and the initial system didn't take into account a lot of things you need to for restaurants, even once all those things got ironed out, the thing has still had catastrophic problems. How catastrophic? Within WEEKS of it being introduced as our new system, everyone, staff and management alike, hated it. Within 2-3 months of its debut, management was already looking for a NEW new system to replace the crappy new system. And they have found one that they are ready to switch to. We would have already switched to it, actually, but just like the current piece of crap, there have been delays and delays and delays. The fact that the NEW new system is starting off the same way as the crappy new system did doesn't bode well for the NEW new system, but I really don't think things could get much worse than they are. That would take a whole mountain of suck.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
      Oh, c'mon Jester. I KNOW you can come up with something worse than Twilight to subject them to. I mean, maybe some crap movies from the 70s, with all the disco and psychedelic Tie-Dye crap.
      Yeah, but those have cheesy MST3K humor value. Twilight has...what?

Then again, speaking of MST3K, I suppose you could show them the worst of those movies without the commentary...
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        ... I really don't think things could get much worse than they are...
        Do not tease the gremlins!
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I thought you weren't supposed to get gremlins wet....

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            I thought you weren't supposed to get gremlins wet....
            Well, depending on the gender of the gremlins, I suppose they might get wet when you tease them properly.

Comment

Things can ALWAYS be worse

Comment

Yes, things CAN always be worse. But based upon my experience with our current Crap System, I would say that for things TO be worse, the new system would have to take more smoke breaks than Denis Leary, crap in our shoes every morning, and order the beheading of every Key West family's firstborn.

And frankly, it would STILL probably be better than our current system.

Still A Customer."

Comment

I think this scene is rather appropriate right now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN3v0drnTdQ
                  A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs
                    I think this scene is rather appropriate right now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN3v0drnTdQ
                    I knew exactly which scene that was before clicking on it. And I agree. It fits.
                    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

I haven't even clicked on it, and I know what scene it is. It has to be that scene.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Wow, the guys that made our computer system got into restaurant systems, too??

I call the upgrades "downgrades." NOTHING makes our system go faster. Four years in, we still have crashes. Last year, after 3+ years of this, the IT people in our building asked that we let them know "what time of day this occurs most," and "what you were doing when it happened" so they could "look for a pattern." The pattern was this: It happens any time of day you care to name, mostly on a particular type of ad but not always. That's it. The same thing we'd been telling them for over 3 years, but NOW they're "looking for a pattern"?

The company we bought this system from insists it's not their software, it's our hardware. Even though we're not using the same hardware we were using when they installed this crap!

But frankly, Jester, I think your bar's system even has ours beat for crappiness. I hope your owner gets his money back and buys something better.
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Sounds like I could write something better in my spare time.

While drunk.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                            The company we bought this system from insists it's not their software, it's our hardware. Even though we're not using the same hardware we were using when they installed this crap!
                            These nitwits have tried to blame it on things other than their system, too.

They say it's something in our restaurant. Meanwhile, several customers have commented that another local bar in town that uses the same system has been having pretty much the same problems. They are several blocks away from us, and the only common denominator between the two bars is the computer system.

They also try to blame it on our hardware, but the screens we use are actually iPads, which by all accounts work just fine with EVERY OTHER THING THEY'VE BEEN USED FOR....and again, the other bar in town has the same problems we do. Sure, they're also using iPads (it's what the system is designed to be used with), but by all accounts, iPads are neither this slow nor this crappy for any other use. Hmmm, I wonder....what might be the common thread here?

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                            Sounds like I could write something better in my spare time.

While drunk.
                            And stoned.

On peyote.

In your sleep.

Using a pencil, some graph paper, a length of string, a sewing needle, some chewing gum, and a navigational sextant.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

And stoned.

On peyote.

In your sleep.

Using a pencil, some graph paper, a length of string, a sewing needle, some chewing gum, and a navigational sextant.
                              I think that's how they designed the one we're using.

Minus the pencil.
                              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat

I think that's how they designed the one we're using.

Minus the pencil.
                                What'd they use to write with then? Their poo?
                                Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                                Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Working...
                                X