This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intercom Insanity

For some reason everyone was in a weird mood tonight (after observing that a lot of us bought the same bottled drinks, Manager P surmised that maybe the company had put another type of green leafy substance in the green tea...we wish ).

A few CWs are pretty near unintelligible over the PA system, leading to a lot of pages of "Repeat that page for X, please."

So SM was paged for a phone call. "SMpickupline124,SM124."

"Repeat that page, please."

Another CW made the new page, and spoke v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y (we could tell he was doing it just to annoy SM). "S...M, please...call...line...1..2..4. S...M...line...1...2...4."

This repeated itself a few more times over the evening, until we get to this:

"SM to the grocery back room, SM grocery back room" Something happened relating to a delivery, from what I observed later it looked like a pallet of soda had gone smashy

A minute or so later: "SM124,SM124."

"Repeat that page. Now. Slowly."

"S...M...please...call...1...2...4. S...M...please...call...1...2...4...at...my... convenience." Only a few of us on the front end caught the last bit. A few seconds later:

"No."
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor
Working...
X