This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new store

So I just moved states and transferred to a <my store> in the (preppy, snobbish, uppity) suburb I grew up in (and no, I don't like it or fit in).
    I went from working 5 7 or 8 hour shifts at the register to working 3 10 shifts in cosmetics (I'll be training in photo this Friday and working as a cashier once a week shortly... More money is good).
    My new store is awesome! My store manager is very laid back.
    Some of you will remember my rankings about my old store manager writing me up for not selling x number of suggestive sells a shift. Well my new store manager? Won't do that. He doesn't believe in that.
    My old store manager kept baiting me with a position in cosmetics. Well that obviously didn't happen at that store. At my new store we are encouraged to be cross trained. Everyone can do just about everything (except the head of both cosmetics and photo, they stay in their departments).
    My new store is also really relaxed. If the cashier need to print out some price tags, they just ask the photo tech or cashier to hop on their register for a moment.
    Extra super bonus: I don't have to get up before dawn to make it by 6:45. They open at a more reasonable 8 and opening cashiers are expected to be there at 8. I can deal with that.
    So all together I usually look forward to going to work now.
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Yayyayyay! Also, are they hiring?
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

That sound much better. I am happy for you. It is nice to be in a place that people actually work as a team. I am glad to hear you will be making more money. I am hoping to eventually end up cross-training in photo.

Good luck getting used to all the COS stuff. I am technically a BA but work more up front than in COS.

I am so glad my SM finally got the DM to allow her to hire some people. We have been really short-staffed lately. I actually had to just give someone else my 6 hour shift last Saturday because we are not allowed over-time. I still wound up with right around 40 hours last week.

It can be hard in my store to step off to print tags but usually my manager/another employee. will print them for me when they are printing other stuff. It looks like this week on I should be on my normal 34-36 hour a week schedule.

Comment

Congratulations. May this new place work out so much better for you.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

@Foodlady: I don't know. Wanna work with me? ^_^
          @retailworker7: I like cos better then the register. I was having more issues trying to figure out the setup of the new store vs my old store. But the aisles are well signed.
          @Kristev: thanks.
          Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
          Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Woohoo! This place sounds pretty awesome Hope it continues to go well for you!
            Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
            What's the difference?
            We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Way to go DW! Sounds like your new store is more like my store (with the exception of a few of the high-schoolers). Glad it's working out for you!

Comment

My store threatens to do something about us not asking for the damn suggestive sales and what else corporate wants to put on us lowly cashiers. Thus far, haven't heard anything from the managers.

Congrats lucky one.

Comment

Working...
                X