This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Think They Ruined My Fun

This was found at one of the other store that I was at. Tempted me more to ride it . Though, I did not .

Well DANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(makes me want to ride it too, it must be fun!)

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
      Well DANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(makes me want to ride it too, it must be fun!)
      Except for the trash compactor at the end...

You feeling trashy today?
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I wonder what made them put that sign up. Any other store does not have it. Then again it was an ancient store.

Comment

Quoth cashierbex View Post
          I wonder what made them put that sign up.
          Many many idiots

Comment

The bookstore I worked at used to be a small grocery store, and there was a conveyer belt in the backroom next to the basement stairs. Saved a lot of trouble getting boxes up and down. We had a similar sign, but those of us who knew how to do it safely rode up and down next to boxes all the time (someone once proposed a dare for anyone to ride up sitting on a box, nobody took it in the 5 years I was there)
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Conveyers can do a great job scalping a person.

Comment

Rules are made to be broken! I'm getting itchy just thinking about it as well!

Comment

I once had a guy in the backroom who used to ride down the conveyor belt sitting on flattened sheets of cardboard.

That would've been an insta-fire had management caught him in the act.

Riding down the conveyor belt will get you fired. Riding up the conveyor belt will not get you promoted.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

We have a hoist/lift/elevator for taking films up to projection. It is about 3 feet x 3feet x 3feet. It is not intended for people. Back in the day (before my time at the cinema) it was considered to be something of an initiation for staff to ride up and down in this small, unlit, claustrophobic box.
                    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

I always have wanted to ride one at the airport. And get off before the openning. it be oh so much fun.

Comment

I've wanted to do that too, but knowing my luck I'd probably get arrested (or at the very least banned from the airport which would be bad).
                        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

That reminds me of a public pool that's by my parents house back home. There's a sign on the front gate that reads "NO BOOGIE BOARDS ALLOWED!" and when I went there for the first time I was confused because boogie boards aren't commonly used in a swimming pool (esp. since we are 15-20 min from the beach) but I walked in an immediately went OMG! MUST GET BOOGIE BOARD!

You see, this was the pool that was designed for handicapped classes and there are HUGE ramps leading into both the pool and spa. Just perfectly sized for a boogie board.
                          Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

Why was it the first thing I thought of when I saw the sign was a line from Monty Python?
                            "The tenants arrive in the entrance hall here, are carried along the corridor on a conveyor belt in extreme comfort and past murals depicting Mediterranean scenes, towards the rotating knives."
                            "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Working...
                            X