This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lazy people

At my job (as well as many others) there are things we cannot do, but offer up suggestions or alternative solutions/products. At my store in the seafood department (mine) we don't have a steamer, we have a microwave, and the only things we're allowed to put in there are the raw shrimp and the tank lobsters. We have people that come up and ask if we steam the crab legs and we tell them we can't, but I tell her that she can just boil them in a pot of water for about 20 minutes. She actually says: Oh no, that's too much work for me. I'll just go somewhere else where they'll do it for me. Seriously, how lazy are you that you can't cook your own dinner? Another thing, she was smiling and giggleing when she said it. Who the hell is happy about being lazy? I weep for the future.
    ......../\
    ....../__\
    ..../\...../\
    ../__\../__\

What...What is easier than putting a pan of water on the hob? *iz bamboozled*

Egads. The fish and meat counters at the supermarkets I shop at print clear cooking/warming instructions on the sticker!! Housemate and I have a hankering to check out the closest Asda as their adverts are happily proclaiming that they will skin and bone a nice piece of fish, give it a marinade/crumb/butter and package it ready for cooking in whatever appliance. It sounds so nice and customisable. ^^
    "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Quoth SongsOfDragons View Post
      they will skin and bone a nice piece of fish, give it a marinade/crumb/butter and package it ready for cooking in whatever appliance.
      I'm going to have to check out my local Asda and see if they do that, it sounds marvellous!
      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth SongsOfDragons View Post
        Housemate and I have a hankering to check out the closest Asda as their adverts are happily proclaiming that they will skin and bone a nice piece of fish, give it a marinade/crumb/butter and package it ready for cooking in whatever appliance. It sounds so nice and customisable. ^^
        *grumblemutter*
        That sounds amazingly convenient and something I would so buy when I'm stuck for a meal idea. I hate frozen fish, the texture goes really unpleasant.

Now if only the Hubster would eat fish, I'd be in heaven. *sigh*
        What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

She didn't have to catch it; why should she have to cook it? Just kidding. Please don't pinch me.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Sarah Valentine View Post
            Seriously, how lazy are you that you can't cook your own dinner?
            If it weren't for lazy people, there wouldn't be fast food (or any, for that matter) restaurants and/or deli counters at your local grocery store.
            I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Wouldn't it be more trouble to drive someplace else and wait for them to cook your food (assuming they even will...) than it would to go home and put a pot of water on to boil?
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Microwaves: the wave of the future. Imagine getting your food cooked to piping hot perfection in mere seconds!

I keep saying that they should do a grocery store deli version of Kitchen Nightmares.
                I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Working...
                X