A store our size should have 11-14 workers total:
    1 - Store manager
    3 - Assistant Managers
    2 - Full-time Sales Associates
    2-3 - Part-time Sales Associates
    1 - Stock Coordinator
    1-2 - Tailors
    1-2 - Cashiers/visuals/gopher/etc.

Since when I was hired as part-time along with another woman, the store has lost: 2 Asst. managers, a stock coordinator, gained 4 cashiers, lost three of them, only have one tailor and had a full-timer promoted to Asst.

In keeping track, we have: 1 store, 2 asst, 1 full-time, 2 part time, 1 stock, 1 cashier/gopher/etc and 1 tailor. We're open for 10 hours a day 6 days a week, 6 hours for the final day and overtime is frowned upon and not worth it (overtime pays half time) It's coming to the point that we few workers are starting to get sick of seeing each other all the time in the same working groups.

Last week, my store manager had some good interviews and all three people accepted the offer to work. We'll be gaining an assistant, part-time and cashier. I get to have good days off again. I hope the new people like this job.
    "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Overtime pays half? Is that legal? What if a person is making minimum wage? How can they pay him less? Or did I totally misunderstand something? (It's late, and I did have a wine cooler, LOL).

Madness takes it's toll....
    Please have exact change ready.

Comment

I was thinking "time and a half" myself. So if you say got $10 an hour you'd get $15 for overtime. But even then it might not be worth it if you're burned out

Comment

Working...
      X