Clear All

Quoth neecy View Post
    THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!!!

priceless!
    I'm more of a fan of "Klor-El so loved the world"
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth Mike Taylor View Post
      I'm laughing at the fact that the presence of Bender and Buddy Christ completely sailed over WBC's heads (not that it's all that hard to do).
      Why Bender, out of curiosity? I don't watch Futurama.

I was recently listening to an episode of Freethought Radio where they interviewed one of the Phelps kids (Nathan?) who had actually broken away from the whole crazy clan. Interesting interview. (Not sure how recent the episode was, as I'm sort of working my way backwards through the podcasts. I'm at around Thanksgiving/Christmas of last year so it was somewhere in the last 6-8 months or so.)
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

They really have NO LIVES at all, do they? Couldn't they find something worthwhile to protest, like BP or overpriced movies on demand or animal cruelty?

I love that every time they go somewhere, there are anti-protesters waiting for them!

Hee, God hates Kittens...
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
          ETA- for those who forgot, God does try to hijack the Enterprise in Star Trek 5
          One of the best lines in all of Star Trek: "Why does God need a starship?"

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
          My favorite was "God is Odin- read The Mighty Thor #5."

Perfect for the situation.
          My Wife loved that one. She worships Loki and the assorted Norse Mythos in general.

Eric the Grey
          In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

One word = AWESOME!
            I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

Quoth Eric the Grey View Post
              My Wife loved that one. She worships Loki and the assorted Norse Mythos in general.
              The email server where my cousin went to college was called Loki

Comment

Hint to protesters,

if your going to protest a big even dont send just what was it 10 people?
                If your going to protest a big event with people who arent afraid of being embarrassed be prepared to be fighting fire with a water pistol.
                Geeks have fought for the last 70 years to get to their own brand of weirdness, you will lose a shouting match.
                Geeks will dress as god or Jesus, point out how this book or that book that is the devils work actually follow the beliefs and lessons of the bible and get more supporters because the only people they hate are book burners.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                  The email server where my cousin went to college was called Loki
                  I can think of better names for a server than the Norse god of mischief. It just screams target for gremlins.
                  I AM the evil bastard!
                  A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                    Hint to protesters,

if your going to protest a big even dont send just what was it 10 people?
                    That's pretty much all they've got. For all the attention they get, the Westboro Baptist Church pretty much consists solely of the Phelps family and a few friends. (And not all of the family; as I mentioned in a previous comment, at least one or two of the kids have broken away and apparently live normal lives.)

Comment

Quoth Eric the Grey View Post
                      One of the best lines in all of Star Trek: "Why does God need a starship?"
                      Everyone needs a starship.

Everyone.
                      "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Quoth Bloodsoul View Post
                        Everyone needs a starship.

Everyone.
                        in the archangel books god is a starship.
                        Do not piss off the Almighty circuit!

Comment

Last sign is my favorite for some reason.

These people need real jobs (the WBC, not the SDCC goers)

Comment

Rev. Phelps vs. ComicCon

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2010/0...aptist-church/

The idiot Reverend Phelps actually protested at ComicCon. ComicCon fought back and won!
                            "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Disclaimer : The thoughts of this person does not reflect the thoughts of CS, it patrons, or anybody else for that matter.

Phelps does this 'praying' for one of his people to get hurt, so he can do the 'AHHA! GOT YA!' bit. Sue/get media attention/etc. He isn't out to help anybody but himself and his pocketbook. Period. Need a couple of shirts and signs like..

John 3:16.
                              For God so loved the WORLD that he gave his only begotten Son,that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

God Loves everybody, not just the ones you say he does.

Or

"As for the prophets
                              who lead my people astray,
                              if one feeds them,
                              they proclaim 'peace';
                              if he does not,
                              they prepare to wage war against him."
                              PHELPS REMIND YOU OF ANYBODY?

Nope, I am not a christian, but I respect all religions. Just not always the people IN those religions
                              Last edited by Mytical; 07-27-2010, 07:47 AM.
                              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post

John 3:16.
                                For God so loved the WORLD that he gave his only begotten Son,that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
                                I thought it was meant to be "God loved Red Sox"
                                (I watched Family Guy last night, I'm tired...)

Nope, I am not a christian, but I respect all religions. Just not always the people IN those religions
                                Ditto. Only exceptions are most of the fundamentalist groups, scientology and Exclusive Brethren (they fall somewhere between fundamentalist and cult)
                                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
                                X