X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
    The email server where my cousin went to college was called Loki
    Quoth lordlundar View Post
    I can think of better names for a server than the Norse god of mischief. It just screams target for gremlins.
    My thought as well. I wonder how he managed to make life "interesting"

Eric the Grey
    In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
      Phelps does this 'praying' for one of his people to get hurt, so he can do the 'AHHA! GOT YA!' bit. Sue/get media attention/etc. He isn't out to help anybody but himself and his pocketbook. Period.
      Absolutely. This is how they finance their 'church'.

Quoth Mytical View Post
      God Loves everybody, not just the ones you say he does.
      Might have to make up this sign and leave it in the trunk of the car. The rest of you have it easy; you just encounter these wastes of flesh in the news or VERY occasionally IRL. We encounter them on street corners about twice a week. I hate Topeka.

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
        Might have to make up this sign and leave it in the trunk of the car. The rest of you have it easy; you just encounter these wastes of flesh in the news or VERY occasionally IRL. We encounter them on street corners about twice a week. I hate Topeka.
        Oh yeah, they come by here a lot, since we're all liberal, God-hating, communist, hippies. (Well, actually....yeah. :P) They protest pretty much every major university event, including some orientations, games, and graduation. They even protested when a group of Chinese acrobats performed here.
        "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
        Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
          Absolutely. This is how they finance their 'church'.
          Heh. Several of them are lawyers, too, I believe.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
            Why Bender, out of curiosity? I don't watch Futurama.
            Sorry for such a late response, but there was an episode where Bender found himself drifting in deep space for so long that a very tiny civilization arose on his body and he became their "god". Godfellas Episode Synopsis. After this ends in disaster, Bender finds himself encountering the "God Entity", which helps give him some perspective on what happened.

It's one of my favorite episodes.
            "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

I'm still pissed at WBC for protesting at Dio's funeral. It's like if anything goes against any of their teachings, it's automatically evil to them. Seeing them protest a comics convention was just... out of left field.

The counterprotest was win to me just because of the Spy cosplayer with the sign that said 'GOD HATES SENTRIES'.
              My other car is a Mackinaw.

Comment

That is such perfect pwnage!

SDCC'ers,

Mike
                Meow.........

Comment

Don't drink the Kool-Aid.
                  Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

Working...
                  X