Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nearly 50% of people plan to quit when job market improves because of crappy bosses

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nearly 50% of people plan to quit when job market improves because of crappy bosses

http://consumerist.com/2010/08/48-of...-their-bo.html

I am pretty much in this boat too. In the past 18 months I have been stunned at all the BS my company has done in the name of the recession.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

I think everyone I work with is in this postion

Comment

I'm not. When I went into this position I got a boss who is pretty cool (and they're over 200 miles away).

I consider myself lucky considering many of the bosses I've had in the past.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Im half in that position. I want to leave my current position, but stay in the company.

Theres no slots open for me anywhere else, so Ill stick to what I know, until I can go. ( I rhymed!)

Comment

It's 1/6th of the population, not half. It's half of the people who are planning on quitting are doing so because of their bosses. I'd be curious as to the reasons of the other half of that group. I'm actually surprised that's not higher.

Comment

We have been plotting a mass exodus when more factory jobs become available ever since they started taking more than giving.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I can definitely see that happening, I can't tell you how many times I hear about all the politics, favoritism and stingy bullshit my friends put up with at their jobs from management and can't wait to GTFO once the job market improves.
              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I think the evil folks in corp said, the economy sucks, lets implement a bunch of make work BS policies to make people miserable, like they can go anywhere.

I have notice a increase in the BS meter pegged emails about stupid little things. My company wants us to separate trash into different cans, but then dump all the cans in the same compactor for some dumb reason.

Comment

My immediate boss is cool but HIS boss is a pain in the ass and won't let my boss manage his department. His boss the director keeps sticking his nose in where it doesn't belong. Let my boss do his damn job and leave us alone! He's managed to take a job I used to love and care about and and break my spirit so I no longer care about anything here anymore. I no longer put out 110 percent but do only the bare minimum.
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                  Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Hate to interject, but the 48% was of the 1/3. Which 50% does not make. You may now throw tomatoes at me
                    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                      Hate to interject, but the 48% was of the 1/3. Which 50% does not make. You may now throw tomatoes at me
                      You may hide behind me if you wish:

Quoth Magpie View Post
                      It's 1/6th of the population, not half. It's half of the people who are planning on quitting are doing so because of their bosses. I'd be curious as to the reasons of the other half of that group. I'm actually surprised that's not higher.

Comment

Several of my steadies would have readily answered YES!!! to such a poll. Complaints include BS rules, more work expenses that the org previously picked up and others.
                        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                        X