This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Mriswith View Post
    I can't count the number of times I've had a similar conversation at work. My favorite way to respond:

Me: It's $80 a night.
    Them: I'll give you $50.
    Me: Great! Now we just need to find someone to pay the other $30 and we'll be in business!
    That is BRILLIANT!
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
      The last time I paid a price like this for a hotel room, it was a shitty room to boot. Air conditioning rattled, bathroom was half assed decent, and you didn't care walk around barefoot in the room.
      Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
      Yea there's this place in crackton that has rooms by the hour.
      Ahhh, that takes me back.........and not in a good way..........

Many years ago, my family went driving around upstate New York. About midway through the trip, we had a lot of trouble finding a room for some reason. The only place we could find a room was a motel we have since dubbed the No-tell Motel.

Let's count the, errm, fun details of the room:
      1. Shag carpeting, both wall-to-wall AND floor-to-ceiling...
      2. Mirror on the ceiling over the waterbed (not sure if it had "Magic Fingers", but I wouldn't be entirely surprised...)
      3. Two "bad" channels on the satellite TV system (didn't get to see them for myself, of course)
      4. No door on the bathroom

It was a weird experience, to be sure. I'm not 100% sure if this place rented by the hour, but I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest. Fortunately, none of the other places we stayed at during the trip were nearly as shady.
      -Adam
      Goofy music!
      Old tech junk!

Comment

Quoth AdamAnt316 View Post
        The only place we could find a room was a motel we have since dubbed the No-tell Motel.

Let's count the, errm, fun details of the room:

Shag carpeting, both wall-to-wall AND floor-to-ceiling...
        Of course the No-tell Motel would have shag carpeting - people go there to shag.

Brits will understand, anyone from North America please refer to the Austin Powers movies.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
          Guest comes in and asks about a half day rate. We don't have a half day rate. It's all or nothing. What I wish I said is in parentheses.

SC: Can you do it for $50
          Me: I'm sorry, but $94 is the best I can do.
          SC: Wouldn't you rather have $50 than let the room go empty?
          Me: (Not really. The profit margin kinda sucks and makes it not worth it.) I'm afraid $94 is the lowest I can do.
          SC: Guess I'll go somewhere else.
          Me: OK. (Door's to your left.)
          Behold the power of Gord.
          I'd tell you where to go, but I work there and I don't want to see you everyday.

My photo blog.

Comment

Working...
          X