This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $1, debit cards, and a hot breakfast

I swear the fun never stops at this hotel. I've done 3 nights of Night Audit in a row (usually I just do weekends plus afternoons on weekdays) and 3 nights in a row I get stories.

SC walks up to the counter and asks about a rate.
    Me: $89.99
    SC: (typical line of SC's) Can't you do any better than that?
    Me: Do you have AAA or AARP?
    SC: What would it be if I had either of those?
    Me: $80.99
    SC: Come on I know you can do $80.
    Me: Fine I can get you in at $79.99

SC asks about paying cash and I let him know that unless I have a CC, we require an additional $50 deposit. SC hands me his card and asks if anything extra is held on the card.
    Me: Yes, We hold the room and tax plus about 25% extra for incidentals. If you don't use long distance or order a movie, that part we held that doesn't get used gets put back on your card.
    SC: How long does that take?
    Me: If it's a CC, it's put back there immediately. If it's a DC, it takes 4-6 business days.
    SC: That's bullshit. (hands me cash plus the $50 deposit)

I check him in and I give him the spiel about breakfast times.
    SC: Is that a hot breakfast?
    Me: No, it's a contenantal breakfast. We have oatmeal and a waffle maker though.
    SC: Any eggs?
    Me: Yes, we serve hard-boiled eggs.
    SC: That's bullshit. Unless I can't get a better deal than this, I'm leaving.

I cancel the transaction and give him his money back. He sits in the lobby with his GF for about 5 min deciding what to do. They finally left.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

You gave him ten bucks off, and he still proceeded to douchewaffle all over you?
    Dang...
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

What did he expect you to do? Bring out a skillet & make 2 eggs over-hard, hash browns, toast & ham & then make a pot of coffee? I would have sent his ass to Denny's...lol.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
        SC: That's bullshit. Unless I can't get a better deal than this, I'm leaving.

This guy sounds like one of the assholes that watches the news stories about haggling, then immediately goes out and tries it. Problem is...those stories don't tell you what to do when it comes down to someone who has a backbone.
        "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
        "What IS fun to fight through?"
        "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

I used to have SCs like that. I'd always give them their money back and tell them to leave if they didn't like it.
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I'm so lucky I never get *any* of that stuff. The worst I get is people who complain about the lack of A/C.
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

They probably think we'd rather make a sale by any means necessary than turn away a customer.
              "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

I hearby bestow the honor and title of "assbag of twatwafflery" upon the dork who was throwing a fit about the eggs.
                For civilized discussion about broadcasting, media and sports along with fun games to play, visit:
                http://atriumforum.com/
                Emphasis on Michigan area broadcasting, but ANYONE is welcome!

Comment

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
                  those stories don't tell you what to do when it comes down to someone who has a backbone.
                  That would, of course, be whine and piss and moan about the rate, and eventually threaten the person's sexuality.
                  I know this for a fact, cause I wouldn't open our exit door for some random asshole who didn't want to use the correct door. He finally gave up and came in, shopped, and on his way out told me, "Remember, the gay pride parade is this weekend."
                  "Cool, thanks." I said, perhaps a bit too enthusiastically as I was busy with another customer at the moment. Not that I care what others think about me.
                  "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                    I'm so lucky I never get *any* of that stuff. The worst I get is people who complain about the lack of A/C.
                    yes... but do you really need A/C in the great white north

Quoth Juwl View Post
                    That would, of course, be whine and piss and moan about the rate, and eventually threaten the person's sexuality.
                    umm, you don't even have to have a spine and say no to have SCs threaten your sexuality... just tell them you don't like football
                    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                      yes... but do you really need A/C in the great white north
                      30+C, totally concrete and particle board, almost no breeze.
                      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Apparently, even when it's cold, reducing the humidity is almost as good for comfort as heating. To a point, obviously. But cold and damp is clearly worse than cold and dry. One of the benefits of A/C is dehumidification...

Comment

@OP: Was your first customer, by any chance, dressed up as William Shatner?

@Smiley: I remember that story!
                          "Darling, you are a bitch. I'm joining the Navy." -Cinema Guy 4/30/2009

Comment

Quoth Shards View Post
                            @OP: Was your first customer, by any chance, dressed up as William Shatner?
                            The story from my original post was all one guy, and no, he wasn't dressed like Shatner.
                            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
                            X