This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $5 Dollar Footlong Suck Among Other Things

This is going to be a collaboration of suck that has happened within the past week. (I've been working all week and haven't had time to post anything)

As most of you know Subway was doing the "Any REGULAR footlong sub for 5 dollars". Well on April 20th (while I was vacationing in Texas) they switched it back to having only 8 $5 dollar footlongs, and you know what that means boys and girls!

With the way the SCs act of this revelation you would think that it would constitute as a national emergency. "OH NOES I HAVE TO PAY $2 MORE DOLLARS FOR MY 6 CHICKEN BACON RANCHES AND TERIYAKIS!!111eleventy"

I swear, working at Subway has been one huge live lesson in human psychology. It has shown me that no matter how numerous or how brightly colored a sign may be, people will still NOT SEE THEM. And that people also really hate having to think for themselves.

Anyway...on to the suck:

All Good Things Must Come to an End.

SC: I want a footlong chicken bacon ranch.

Me: Ok, but just to let you know the chicken bacon ranch is no longer part of the 5 dollar footlongs, is that ok? *it's sad in itself that we actually have to warn people*

SC: WHAT? IT'S NOT ANYMORE?? WHY NOT?!

Me: Subway changed it back to the 8 $5 dollar footlongs. (points to the bright RED sign directly in front of her face) *the signs were green last year but apparently they tried to do a color swap since hardly anyone "saw" them last time. It hasn't made one bit of difference*

SC: That's just stupid! I guess I'll have to get a spicy italian instead. *cat butt face*
    Bitch, you should be thankful that they had the promotion in the first place!

Sign Aversion at its Finest

Co worker: *ringing up SC* Your turkey will be $7.11

SC: What? I thought they were all $5 dollars!

Co worker: Not all of the subs are $5 anymore, we changed it on April 20th.

Me: *jumps in* There are several signs in the store that show which sandwiches are still $5.

SC: I didn't see them....
    *Yes, you somehow managed to FAIL to notice any of those bright red, rectangular shaped things stuck face level on the front of the sneeze guard. Congratulations, here is your gold star.*

"Maybe if I stare long enough, it will suddenly appear on the list!"

SC: *stares directly at the list of the 8 $5 dollar footlongs directly in front of her for a few moments* Is the chicken bacon ranch part of the $5 dollar deal?

Me: No.
    If it's not on the list, it's not $5 dollars!

"Someone quickly tell me which cheese I'm supposed to like!"

SC: I want a footlong Philly steak.

Me: *warning spiel about it being a 10 dollar sandwich, blah blah. He's fine with the price* *puts meat on sandwich* Ok, what kind of cheese do you want on it?

SC: What cheese normally goes on the Philly steak?

Me: It's whatever cheese you like. We have American, Cheddar, or Pepperjack.

SC: No, what normally comes on it? That's what I'm asking!

Me: There is no "normal cheese". You pick the cheese you want.

SC: Ok, fine! Just put cheddar on it then!
    Cheese is SRS BSNS!

OMGWTFBBQ!

Idiot: What sauces do you all have?

Co worker: *proceeds to list the names of every sauce we have* Mayo, mustard, dijon mustard, honey mustard, ranch, sweet onion sauce, chipotle southwest sauce.

Idiot: I'll take bbq sauce.

Co worker and me at the same time: We don't have bbq sauce.

Idiot: Oh..

And to think I actually came home from my wonderful vacation away from this stupidity....
    My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
    My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

$5.00 foot long suck. That would be worth $50.00!
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

We have a Subway in my town, and I've never been to it, but thwy seem to have quite a reputation for sandwiches. Some woman on a packed Southeastern train to London suggested that I go for lunch. I can sure imagine that the UK branches of Subway don't get this suck. The majority of Brits are less "dumb" and selfish, and are better at complaining and putting-up with it. They'd see a red sign for sure.

Comment

Why sheldon, I thought you did it just for the sport.
        I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

UGH I got ALL This crap last week....

Now one of the things that sucks no matter what is the fact that the Melt is now actually a lot more expensive than it was before the $5 footlong deal. Of course this is what causes a lot of grief, since the Roast Beef is also rather expensive now too.

SC: Can I see your manager?
          Me: What for?
          SC: I want the Melt for $5.
          Manager: ...I'm sorry I can't do that.
          SC: But can't I have the melt for only $5?
          Manager: Nope sorry you'll have to call the corporate number and ask them.

SC: I'll have a footlong tear-yaki on white.
          Me: So you know that's no longer a $5 footlong.
          SC: Can I have a Tear-yaki breast then?
          Me: That's not a $5 footlong either.
          SC: What footlongs are $5?
          Me: everything on this sign.
          SC: *looks for turkey or 'tear-yaki since he says them the EXACT SAME WAY!* awww no tear-yaki.

Me: What kind of sandwich did you have today?
          SC: Chicken.
          Me: Which kind?
          SC: Chicken.
          Me: Breast, Bacon Ranch, or Teriyaki?
          SC: Uh, which one's $5?
          Me: The Chicken Breast.
          SC: That's the one I had. The Chicken Breast.
          Co-worker: That's a chicken bacon ranch!
          SC: >.<
          Me: *headdesk*
          (WHY DO THESE PEOPLE THINK THEY CAN FOOL US?!)

Me: your total comes to $6.40.
          SC: ...Did you ring that up wrong? That's supposed to be $5.
          Me: Nope we've stopped doing the $5 footlong weeks ago.
          SC: But I only have $6.
          Me: You're 40 cents short.
          SC: OH then I don't want it. *leaves the sub*
          Me: -_- (Great you made us waste food since no one out here will eat Chipotle, Ranch, Mayonnaise, AND sweet onion on a sub)

Me: your total comes to $7.11
          SC: But that's supposed to be $5!
          Me: No you were told at the front that's not a $5 footlong.
          SC: Then I don't want it. *leaves without paying*

And some people sitll seem to exploit this...

Me: Your total comes to $7.00
          SC: You overcharged me.
          Me: nope, that's not a $5 footlong.
          SC: Then I don't want it. *leaves...TAKING THE SUB WITH HIM!*
          Me: STOP THIEF!
          *SC has already vanished from sight with the sub that took us maybe $10 to make*
          Last edited by Digitalpotato; 05-04-2009, 11:05 PM.
          Kangaroo Squee!

Comment

In regards to the BBQ sauce, maybe the SC should come to Australia
            We have BBQ sauce...and beetroot...and avocado....*drools*
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
              In regards to the BBQ sauce, maybe the SC should come to Australia
              We have BBQ sauce...and beetroot...and avocado....*drools*
              It would be nice if we had avocado over here. Some stores do but not very many because it's so expensive.
              My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
              My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

Comment

I have to say I fear I'd be sucky in Subway. I've only eaten there maybe 3 or 4 times in my life. I simply get overwhelmed by all the choices. I do see the signs, but they confuse my hungry brain. Same thing in drive-throughs. I shouldn't be allowed in restaurants. I do really well at Denny's, though. I just point at the pretty picture I want.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

After reading the posts when this promotion first started, I watched the TV ads very carefully, wondering if the customers had any leg to stand on. They did.

Those snazzy singing ads were VERY deceptive, catchy as they were. Until the end of the commercial it REALLY seemed like ALL the footlongs were $5.
                  I don't think the term 'regular' was used until right at the end of the ad, and then very quickly, or in small print in the text.

I must admit that if I was a customer at that time, and not someone used to reading the small print in ads (as I did as a salesperson) I would be HIGHLY annoyed that my 'ANY footlong' sandwich was NOT $5 as the ad implied.

That being said, having the server TELL me right at the beginning that it WASN'T would set me straight, and I'd either order it or not....I certainly would not argue about it.

Also? I think the $5 thing was a GREAT deal.
                  I no longer fear HELL.
                  I work in RETAIL.

Comment

Way to Familiar

Ahhh, I feel your pain.. I too, work at Subway (I'm the Night Crew PIC at my store.... ironically enough to YOUR post, I live and work in a Texas Store)... the promotion has been ended for two weeks, and I'm still having to explain the concept... to the same set of people, over and over again, like we're changing back and from from the List to the "Anything you Want" promo on a daily basis. Sometimes you just want to reach over the counter and slap the stupid out of people...

But while we're on the Subway Shenanigans, I'll share one of the good ones I've had recently...

Man Enters store, it's dinner rush, and the line is too the door. He gets up to the order spot, where I'm at, and we go through the "Hi, how ya doin, what can I get you?" thing...
                    SC: Yeah, I wanna get one of those Five Dollar Philly Footlongs y'all have.
                    *What?*
                    Me: Umm, Sir, the Philly is not a $5 footlong... it never was.
                    SC: (lying through his TEETH) "WHAT? I just got it Last Week, and it was $5!"
                    Me: (trying hard to keep that little tone of annoyance out of my voice) "Sir, I'm VERY Certain you did not, because it was Never even a PART of the Five Dollar Promotion"
                    SC: Get me your Manager.
                    (Since I got the PIC Promotion, this is the most fun part of my day)
                    Me: "That would be Me, Sir."
                    SC: (At loud tone, in full view of my Line, including families with small kids) "This is BULLS***. I want my Philly, and I'm not paying more than 5 Dollars for it!"
                    Me: "Well, sir, then I'm afraid you won't be having a Phillycheesesteak from US, tonight."
                    SC: (Giving me the finger, as he turns to leave) "I'm gonna call your Store Owner! And I'm going to have you fired for your attitude!"
                    Me: "Would you like (franchise owners name)'s Number sir? I Have it right here..." (offering a bussiness card... which is snatched from my hand...)

I can't WAIT to hear from the owner about how he handled this. I actually got Kudo's from other people in line for not loosing my cool. It's Nice to be recognized.

Comment

$5 footlong? You guys have it lucky My 6inch usual (either Pork Riblet or Chicken Fillet) is $6.40 in NZ. Ok I know exchange rate etc, so I won't complain too much or else I will become a SC.

Though I must admit that I may have been called this once as I am very used to ordering at Subway, in fact at my regular one they don't usually ask me much they just look up and I say the answer to the question they are going to ask But I digress, I said no to salt and pepper, I always do, in fact, sometimes I won't even say anything about it. So at a restaurant, not my regular one, they put s and p on the sub. I get to my seat, take a bite an realise, take it back up and get it remade, I didn't ask for the s and p. Meanwhile the worker who made the Sub at the s and p part worked at the time with my BF (she was working two jobs) and apparently I had said I wanted s and p. Oh well, I guess everyone has those days and everything must be blamed on everyone else, and not yourself I hold no grudges, I've had food returned to me at McD's.
                      Began work Aug as casual '08
                      Ex-coworkers from current place of work: 26ish
                      Current co-workers at current place of work: 15ish - yes he just hired 3 more casuals
                      Why do I still work there again?

Comment

Me and the hubby went to subway the other day.When the hubby told me that they done away with the 5.00 subs I said oh thats sad,paid 7.00 and left.What the hell is wrong with people? Move on its a sub,its not that important.

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                          $5.00 foot long suck. That would be worth $50.00!

Dat's funny!
                          "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

I eat fairly regularly at Subway, since they have one next door at Wally World. I did notice the boards with the new prices and sub deals on it the first day I went in there after the change, but didn't raise a stink. I figured that Subway was feeling the squeeze from the economy, had probably been losing some money over the "Any Regular Footlong For $5" promotion, and so had changed up their prices. I just shrugged, ordered, paid, and left.

But then, I has that rarest of all superpowers: Common Sense.
                            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth TheTigress View Post
                              This is going to be a collaboration of suck that has happened within the past week. (I've been working all week and haven't had time to post anything)

"Someone quickly tell me which cheese I'm supposed to like!"

SC: I want a footlong Philly steak.

Me: *warning spiel about it being a 10 dollar sandwich, blah blah. He's fine with the price* *puts meat on sandwich* Ok, what kind of cheese do you want on it?

SC: What cheese normally goes on the Philly steak?

Me: It's whatever cheese you like. We have American, Cheddar, or Pepperjack.

SC: No, what normally comes on it? That's what I'm asking!

Me: There is no "normal cheese". You pick the cheese you want.

SC: Ok, fine! Just put cheddar on it then!
                              Actually there's two traditions in Philly for the cheesesteak, either Cheez Wiz or Provolone, depending on which school you subscribe to.
                              Seph
                              Taur10
                              "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Working...
                              X