This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Clueless Luser

Just got finished with this call... I saw on my phone as it came in that it had gone to our telcom support desk, but they close at 6pm, and their calls get bounced to us.

J2K: "Hello, you've reached the IT Service Desk, this is Jay, how can I help you?" (Note: I emphasize the "IT" part intentionally on calls like this.)
    Them: "Yeah, I was trying to reset the voicemail on my phone, but I can't find the help on how to do that."

On The Client's Secure Network ("SecNet"), there is a search function, but I could understand him not necessarily finding what he's looking for.

J2K: "No problem, I can put in a ticket so the Telcom Help Desk will see it when they come in tomorrow morning. Can I have your CIN?"
    Them: "...what's my CIN?"
    J2K: "Your Client Identification Number."
    Them: "Where would I find that?"

I hate this kind of thing. Our automated introduction message when users call in does state that you should have your CIN ready.

J2K: "If you don't remember it, that's fine. Can I have your user ID, please?"
    Them: "...uh, you mean the one I use for--"
    J2K: "The one you use to log into SecNet."
    Them: "...which one's SecNet? I have three computers in front of me."
    J2K: "The high-side."
    Them: "Oh. Uh.... maybe that's the problem. Would the instructions on how to reset my voicemail be on the high-side?"
    J2K: "They might be. You can do a search for it on ClientLink."
    Them: "...ClientLink?"
    J2K: "The homepage when you open up your web browser."
    Them: "Oh. Let me look into that, thanks!"
    *click*

...seriously. The people who work here are supposed to be SMART.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!
Working...
X