This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No receipt?

So I popped out to get some groceries, and while I was paying, I overheard this conversation between the store manager and another customer.

Apparently, Ms Customer had bought a magazine the last time she was there, but had forgotten it at the till. So she wanted the magazine she paid for.

In order to check the security logs (as the security guard logs all "lost and found" and "merch left behind"), the manager asked her when this happened.

"Oh, two or three weeks ago," she blithely replied. Plus, she had no receipt to boot. Unfortunately, the manager caved, but he did sternly warn her that next time, no receipt = no luck.

Seriously, who forgets a magazine and then comes back nearly a month later? Is that just me or is that daft?
    The report button - not just for decoration

Stupid scammers piss me off so much.

Taking bets now that her story was BS and she was just trying to get a free magazine.
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Comment

Totally goofy. After 2 or 3 weeks it might very well be out of date, depending on when that particular magazine comes out.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

That is just as bad as a gas station with a car wash

A woman came in one night claiming to have gotten a car wash and the wash did not clean her car. I asked when this happened and she answered "THREE weeks ago"

Sorry NOTHING I could do.
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Three days or maybe even a week I can get. But three weeks? C'mon now, you're not fooling ANYONE.
          The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

People must think we are stupid. I will admit, I bought some things at the Bullseye store and later that day, realized I had been double charged for something, which was 9.99. Unfortunately, due to my schedule, it was over a week before I got back there, and I was a little nervous they might not believe me, but it wasn't an issue at all. I had my refund, no questions asked, in 2 minutes.

Comment

Working...
            X