This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impatient customer was given a freebie

This incident comes from one of my co-workers.

He was working in the garage that he is responsible for cleaning when he received a call regarding a customer having problems at one of the pay machines at one of the exit gates.

He goes down to the exit gate and sees a long line of traffic.

Apparently there was a problem with the pay machine. It was not reading the customers ticket. So my co-worker called the main office and gave the employee who answered the time on the ticket as well as the ticket number. This is how we know how much to charge the customer.

The customers behind her began to get impatient, especially an older "VIP". The "VIP" walked up to my co-worker and complained to him about the long line of traffic. He asked him if he could raise the exit gate for everyone. The problem with this is... the only person with a key to raise the exit gate is the supervisor over the porters *including me and my co-worker*. He apologized for the delay and told the guy that he could not raise the exit gate.

Turns out that the customer having problems with her ticket was the VIP's daughter.

The VIP was pissed enough to go and complain to the manager over all of the parking garages in the area that he and I work in.

She gave him a coupon for a free car wash. My co-worker was given the job of delivering the coupon to him. He told me that the VIP works in a very small office.

The reason why the VIP got a coupon for a free car wash.... He is important enough that his complaint could have caused the cancellation of the contract with the property management company that oversees the parking garages.

You gots to love entitlement whores and VIP's. The rest of us work our asses off while the rich keep getting richer, and getting free passes.

Comment

I _despise_ people who use their connections to get freebies and extras!

Comment

Working...
      X