This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pothole Brilliance

To set this up my neighborhood has a couple of residential streets that get alot of traffic because people use them as "cut through" streets to avoid some lights the main roads

Someone left an anonymous typed card on a neighbor's house telling them that they (The neighbor) needs to take care of the potholes in the street in front of their house All the neighbors who leave close by said they didn't leave the card, so we are thinking it's either a 'Cut through' driver, or someone who lives more on the edges of the neighborhood.
    Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Unless it's a private road alley where it's the responsiblity of the HOA then it's the responsibility of DOT or the local jurisdiction. I can't think of any circumstance where a H/O would be responsible.

What sort of moron leaves a note like this anyway?

Comment

Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
      To set this up my neighborhood has a couple of residential streets that get alot of traffic because people use them as "cut through" streets to avoid some lights the main roads

Someone left an anonymous typed card on a neighbor's house telling them that they (The neighbor) needs to take care of the potholes in the street in front of their house All the neighbors who leave close by said they didn't leave the card, so we are thinking it's either a 'Cut through' driver, or someone who lives more on the edges of the neighborhood.
      The obvious solution would be to replace the potholes with speedbumps. That would cut down on the cut thrus right?

(Actually that's what my city has done on a lot of side streets to cut down on people taking shortcuts to the main arteries)

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post
        The obvious solution would be to replace the potholes with speedbumps. That would cut down on the cut thrus right?

(Actually that's what my city has done on a lot of side streets to cut down on people taking shortcuts to the main arteries)
        Interestingly, when my neighbors asked the township for speed bumps, they declined, citing ambulances needing to go through at speed.

Similarly, when we tried to get them to cut off one end of the street, the PD stopped it, as they want our streets available as a cut through when the main ways get blocked.
        Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post

They have had speed bumps on that street for years, and we still get a bunch of cut throughs.
          Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Working...
          X