This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth technical.angel View Post
    The one and only problem I had the fiancee's father (his mom more than made up for it) was his assertion that it was a sign of class and good breeding to ask your server's name, and refer to him or her as that during your entire interaction.

See, he's using "class and good breeding" differently than I would.

Bet he was popular in the server's alley.

Comment

I have a story about a salesperson using my name:

In October, I totaled my car. Long story short, I was trying to dodge a board flying out of the truck in front of me, careened across four lanes of Interstate traffic and smashed into the Jersey barrier. I was lucky to be alive, let alone walk away from it.

So I had an almost $10K check (thank the gods for collision insurance~!) in one hand and a print-out of a bunch of cars that looked good from the dealership's website in the other. The salesman was cute, looked like a dork and used my name every five seconds. He used it so much that I was fully expecting him to make sweet, sweet love to me right there in the showroom and in front of my husband.

Geez, dude. Just back off, show me the cars I want to see and let me test drive them!

But I couldn't complain too much, since they hooked me up with my sweet little VW Jetta made of steel and awesome.

Then the guy sent me a Christmas card...
      A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

Working...
      X