Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to the local liquor store after swinging by the vet's office to get the cat's RX food & mouse bacon powder. Jack Daniel's label says "Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey". All bourbon is whiskey, but not all whiskey is bourbon...or so Favorite Husband tells me (I can't abide the stuff).

Comment

Off topic, but I LOVE Roy Rogers drinks! I'd order them every time I went to one particular local restaurant in my hometown when I was pregnant.

And on topic, I'm with everyone here: you did nothing wrong.

Comment

Look. I've been a waitress, a bartender, a customer, and a pain-in-the-ass customer. It's very simple.

As a waitress, if I don't know the drink, I bring it to the bartender and say "can we do this?" If we can't, I apologize to the customer and offer an alternative.

As a bartender, if I don't know the drink, I ask the customer what is in it, then make an educated guess as to proportions. If we can't make it, I apologize, and offer an alternative.

As a customer, I have a good idea as to what I like, along with some backups in mind, just in case. If something isn't available, I run through my list of backups.

As a pain in the ass customer, I apologize profusely for making things difficult, and explain with some precision what I'm looking for (name of cocktail, preferred booze, any alterations to recipe). If it isn't available, I keep trying, and apologizing profusely. Because it's not their fault I'm a picky fuck.

The ONLY reason I could see for saying "we don't have that available," is if it's too early to serve hard liquor. In which case, I'll apologize and say "we can't serve any hard liquor until X hour, may I get you a beer or glass of wine in the meantime?"

The waitress messed up, the manager messed up for telling her off while on the floor. She should have been taken into a private office and informed of her mistake, with no yelling or shaming involved.

(p.s. No, there is no Jack Daniels Ginger. Given how badly they screwed up the honey, I'd never want to taste a ginger version.)

Librarybabe - the label shouldn't say Kentucky anywhere on it. If it does, you got some sort of weird knockoff. It's not made in Kentucky and cannot legally label their product as Kentucky. Jack is a Tennessee Whiskey, and although it is more than 51% corn, and legally a bourbon, they do not consider themselves as such.

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
          Librarybabe - the label shouldn't say Kentucky anywhere on it. If it does, you got some sort of weird knockoff. It's not made in Kentucky and cannot legally label their product as Kentucky. Jack is a Tennessee Whiskey, and although it is more than 51% corn, and legally a bourbon, they do not consider themselves as such.

Comment

You might be thinking Jim Beam, too.

Being a resident PA who spent much of her young life in Kentucky, I can tell you there are a LOT of whiskey distilleries down there (drove past 4 of them on I-64 this year whilst visiting family).
            Last edited by IamEmancipated; 09-06-2013, 03:57 AM. Reason: not free image, stupid me

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              Minor point, but the OP did NOT specify a brand of bourbon. As the ads say, "It's not Scotch. It's not Bourbon. It's Jack".
              And in other little know facts the Baby Ruth candy bar was named after the candy companies presidents long dead daughter Ruth and had nothing to do with the rising to fame at the time baseball player that the company had no endorsement contract with.
              You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

I'm not a whiskey drinker, but when I give gifts to friends who are, I buy them JD. For no other reason than the company is run by decent people.

About a year ago they sent a cease and desist letter to an author who'd used their trademarked design on the cover of his book. In the letter they basically just asked him to redesign it for the next printing, or if he would do it sooner, they'd chip in to the costs for doing so. Linky.

I swear if more people were like that we'd live in a better world...

Comment

Working...
                X