This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slaves

This guy pissed me off so bad and I wasn't the one who had him. My co worker did.

So this guy comes up to do a credit card transaction. Now we are very strict on this stuff due to massive amounts of theft. We require that your ID match your credit card no exceptions.

So, I was counting out but I was listening because I smelled trouble.

CW: Uh sir unfortunately we won't be able to process this due to the fact that the last names don't match...

SC: Oh uh, one has my maiden name.

Do guys have maiden names? I wasn't aware dudes had those. I know sometimes it depends where they are from they do have like a few last names but apparently there was nothing showing where the hell that other last name came from. And he ran his card in the ATM for 1000. With no pin.

CW: Unfortunately here we require that your names match.

SC: You don't understand I want MY money.

CW: well, due to our policy we can't run it. Just give it a few hours and it will drop out of our system and return to your account.

Lies. It takes DAYS. And if we void it? WEEKS. But they want us to lie.

SC: I want your boss, NOW.

CW runs to the back and gets our SV.

SV comes out and looks at the card and ID.

CW: I'm sorry sir, we can't accept this.

SC: Oh you will accept this! It's my money and I demand that you give it to me!

SV: sir, again I'm sorry but our company's rules tell us that no we can't. I'm very sorry but there is nothing we can do.

SC: oh yes there is! You WILL give my money to me!

He is yelling like a lunatic and the line is growing longer and longer.

SV: Sir-

SC then makes a rude noise cutting her off kind like talk to the hand but he made some kind of noise like "I don't want to listen."

So she did it right back at him and some other customer is line went oooh owned!

It was kind of funny because the guy was shocked that she would copy him.

SV: Now, sir we're done here. I told you we can't do anything for you. Have a good day.

Then she turned away from him and helped the guy in her window.

SC: Excuse me! I am playing here and that makes all of you my SLAVES!!!

I just about punched him out right there.

SV ignored him until she was done with her transaction then they went at it. SV didn't put up with his shit told him to go away or she would call security.

SC: Go ahead and call them you rude bitch! You had no reason to be rude!

oh really? It's okay to say we are beneath him and his slaves but we are the rude ones??

Security was called took FOREVER for them to show up and when they did he LIED the entire time about the whole thing and blamed us. Security just kind of said uh huh and stuff but I think they knew he was a lying skeevy bastard.

They never asked us our side but whatever the asshole finally left. I was livid on how he treated my SV and CW. What an asshole!

Someone should have popped out the classic line 'Hey Dirtbag, Lincoln FREED the slaves. Deal.'

Comment

I would have burst out laughing if someone tried to tell me that I was their "slave." Not that slavery itself is funny, but talk about delusional...!

And no, guys do NOT have maiden names.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

um, yes dudes can have maiden names. My wasband changed his last name when we married. It's done in the same manner as a woman who takes her husband's name when they marry.

Comment

This^

Also gay marriages, both are guys and one of them has to change their name. But yeah this guy has to be the worst customer I've read about on here so far.

Comment

Quoth Silent-Hunter View Post
            This^

Also gay marriages, both are guys and one of them has to change their name. But yeah this guy has to be the worst customer I've read about on here so far.
            There is no law in the US stating that one half of a married couple *has* to change their name. Both halves of any couple, straight or gay can keep their old names, change their names to include the other by hyphenating, the pair could exchange last names to really screw up all their relatives address books, or even change their names to something that neither of them had previously.
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              I would have burst out laughing if someone tried to tell me that I was their "slave." Not that slavery itself is funny, but talk about delusional...!
              Is the guy talking about some sort of bondage setup? I've always found the thought of those wierd
              Last edited by Ree; 09-09-2013, 10:17 AM. Reason: fixed quote tag

Comment

Quoth jennie View Post
                Is the guy talking about some sort of bondage setup? I've always found the thought of those wierd
                My safe word is "apples"

Who said that? Made me laugh a lot.

Comment

Tell me this SC is banned.
                  I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                  -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth gerund View Post
                    My safe word is "apples"

Who said that? Made me laugh a lot.
                    Castle from the show of the same name.
                    Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

There's no hard and fast rule about who has to change their name once they get married. A married couple that my partner and I are friends with are married and the wife didn't take her husbands surname. I didn't realise they were married until my partner pointed it out.

I have heard of people combining their surnames however once they've gotten married. That is, they've taken the letters from each surname and rearranged them accordingly.
                      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Thing is, when you get married and change your name, you change it on everything. Your SSN, your id, your credit cards, your medical records. You dont have some things in one last name and some in another, as that would invalidate those items in the wrong name (excluding records such as school and arrest under your maiden name).

so his argument is invalid, AND suspicious and makes me think it is a stolen card.

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
                          Thing is, when you get married and change your name, you change it on everything. Your SSN, your id, your credit cards, your medical records. You dont have some things in one last name and some in another, as that would invalidate those items in the wrong name (excluding records such as school and arrest under your maiden name).

so his argument is invalid, AND suspicious and makes me think it is a stolen card.
                          My first marriage the "helpful" guy in the ID/pass office at NOB Norfolk sent in some sort of name change paperwork to the Social Security office, so a few months later I was going to work an outage for Duke Power at McGuire near Asheville, my ID didn't all match up. It took me almost 3 weeks to get all my various ID to finally match up - I opted back then to hyphenate my maiden and married last names so it would be easier on the poor feeb assigned to go interview people from my past for the security clearance. [some of the people I worked with/for were not the brightest crayons in the box and might not associate me with a totally different last name with the person I was. Back in the late 70s and early 80s I had 1 inch long hair with the tips bleached totally and I tinted the ends different colors depending on my mood. The picture the feebs had of me had longer than shoulder lengthed brown hair. Very boring and I looked totally different without contacts.]

This time around, I refused to change my surname, and when getting my military ID I told the guy in the ID office that I was NOT changing my surname, no to send any paperwork to ANYBODY, and I would be very upset to find someone messing with my name without specifically telling them to do so. I didn't have problems this time around.
                          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

When I got married, I changed my last name to his personally, but professionally am still known by my maiden name. To change all my tickets would have required me to rewrite all the exams. So I still have ID in both names that are legally recognized ID cards,

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
                              I worked with an idiot who decided to start using his mother's maiden name after his parents divorced. Half his ID was in his original surname and the other half in his "new" surname. He didn't change his name by deed poll because he had a "piece of paper" from another state that all them to match his different names up. His grand plan came unstuck when he submitted all his ID for a criminal history check to do work for the Police. The ID's didn't match and the Police refused to give him clearance. I heard him shouting down the phone at the criminal history people to get the special piece of paper from the other state. He didn't last much longer in that job.

Comment

Working...
                              X