Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yet another terrible reason to threaten to stop shopping here.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another terrible reason to threaten to stop shopping here.

Had a... not a lady... she was a bitch of the highest degree tonight.
    My thoughts in italics.

RJ: "Hi, how are you tonight?"
    B: "You know, one of these days I'm going to stop coming here, because I can get the same shit anywhere else, cheaper, and I hate the way you do your coupons."
    RJ: *blink, blink, uh, okay...* That's a great way to endear me to you.
    B: "I didn't even bother bringing in the coupon from yesterday, because I just know you wouldn't have taken it."
    RJ: No, of course I wouldn't have taken it, it's expired!
    B: I will use this coupon on this item, and this coupon on this item."
    RJ: "I'm sorry, ma'am, one coupon per transaction, and besides, that's next week's coupon."
    B: "Well, then, I'll just give it to this guy who came in with me, and he'll buy it."
    RJ: "I couldn't do that anyway. It's still NEXT week's coupon, and I can only do one coupon per customer per day."
    GiB (Guy in Background): "I don't even have the same last name as her."
    RJ: Congrats, however, you came in together, according to my managers, you are one customer.
    B finally stops bitching.
    I ring her out, get her money.
    RJ: "Your zip code?"
    B: "You don't need it."
    RJ: *sigh* Then you don't need a receipt, do you? *type in generic zip, give her receipt, and notice that I missed something that she was about to take out with her* "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't even notice that..." (It was a loop of lanyard leather, or something)
    B: *growl, takes thing, and throws it over my register, far enough that I have to go collect it*

Yes, good job, you really showed me. See you next week, by the way.
    "I call murder on that!"

Very typical. We'll see another post about her next week.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Really, if people come in together, they are one customer? Who knew!

I bet they'd really hate the way we did coupons if...we actually enforced the rules. If we actually kept track (beyond the stupid log), of how many they've used per day.

Ha! wouldn't that be awesome. If our registers weren't 800 years old and we could put THAT info in it...and there was some sort of database.. .

"I'd like to sign for a coupon"....

"okay, I'll need...your name!"...

"it's blah blah mcasshole"...

Types in the name "Oh, I'm sorry, this says you've already used your one coupon per customer per day at register 4...{at store xxxx....etc}"

Bah, it wouldn't work. They'd just give fake names.

Unless of course we got the name from the method of payment ("Your name please? Bitchy Bitchison?...but your card/check says "Blah McAsshole...I'm sorry, I will need another form of payment"). Then they'd have to pay cash to scam for coupons!

This thing with two coupons per ad seems to have started last year (I do not remember it before). I really miss having an off week with NO coupon.
      "I forgot my coupon! Right on my kitchen table, I walked right out the door without it, can I sign for one?"
      "That's funny, because there wasn't one this week!"
      "Well, I forgot it!"
      "Well, I'm sorry, because we HAVE NO COUPON this week"

They HATE the way we do coupons? Shit, if this was anywhere else, if you didn't have a coupon you'd be SOL, so how can they HATE the way we do coupons?

Stupid coupons.
      you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

I think she hated the way we do coupons because, by my inference, they expire! Holy crap No! We are so so so very wrong for letting our coupons expire in a week!
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I used to work in the same chain where you are and i swear, craft people are about the bitchiest people I have ever come across in my life!

You can't pull a needle out of some of their asses with a tractor.

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
            I think she hated the way we do coupons because, by my inference, they expire! Holy crap No! We are so so so very wrong for letting our coupons expire in a week!

Bah. Morons. With the 40% coupon, it's no big deal, it'll just be replaced next week. lol

The 50% off, I can see a mini snit fit, in the privacy of ones own home...where they go "AW damn, I coulda got some craft crap for 50% off, but I didn't drag my ass to the craft store...and now I'll miss out...WHINE!"

Most of my customers are ok. There are people who don't steal, that'll be on the bead aisle, or the yarn aisle, (Or Wilton, or...etc)and they'll explain to other customers things I cannot. OF course, they know how to work the coupon system.
            you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

those coupons are teh ebbil.

"what do you mean I can't get 40% off my whole order?"
              "what do you mean I can't get 40% off a sale price?"
              "What do you mean I can't use it on XYZ item?"

DAMMIT PEOPLE.. R.E.A.D!!

Comment

Quoth retaildrone View Post
                I used to work in the same chain where you are and i swear, craft people are about the bitchiest people I have ever come across in my life!
                Um.... *Hides my yarn and knitting stuff* No craft people here! Seriously though, I'm always nice to the people in craft stores. They have access to chemicals, sharp objects and air propellants.

Comment

I think I've shopped there I remember giving my name for the coupon - I really don't understand that system at all. What does giving my name do? I'm not giving you my address or phone number or anything - just my name and say "I forgot my coupon" - when in actuality, I didn't want to buy the newspaper just so that I could use that one coupon (I don't really use coupons a lot, and found that most of them were pretty useless to me, so I stopped buying the paper).

What I hate is one craft store where a few times a year they run either 40% or 50% off your ENTIRE Wilton order. But unfortunatly, they don't inform their employees of this - and even though it says "50% off on all Wilton products" they still think it's for one individual item. I completely understand that they think people are scamming the store - but in actuality, we're not. That's the way the coupon is written, and I've actually known people to contact the corporate offices and come in with e-mails from corporate saying that 50% off of every item in the order that is a Wilton product is the way the coupon works.

I'm not angry or frustrated with the cashiers, but I am angry at corporate or at management or at whomever it is that can't seem to communicate the way this particular coupon works to the cashiers so they don't look at you like you're trying to scam them........and so you don't have to waste 5 minutes explaining how their own store policy works to them (again, not the cashier's fault and I'm always nice about it, but it's just annoying).

Comment

At my company, we have coupons and one of those discount cards. The cool thing is, all our coupons usually stack with any sale going on. Some of our coupons have restrictions like being unable to be used w/ a discount card, etc.

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                      Congrats, however, you came in together, according to my managers, you are one customer.
                      I wish I could say that I agree with your managers on that, but I don't. I can't.

Not gonna happen.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                        Not gonna happen.
                        Not saying I agree with them either, I just do as I'm told, to a fault. This job has yet to learn to be very very careful with what they tell me to do, because I do just that.
                        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Juwl, are you part of the "take EVERYTHING they say literally" club at your place of employment?

I'm the founding member at mine.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Macy's has horrible coupons. I was working there for Christmas as I have left Rite Aid and I quickly learned to HATE them. Basicly you can only buy clothes that are not name brand with them. The ones in the papers are the worst. And people would yell at me over them.
                            I have PMS and a black belt. Any questions?

This random moment is brought to you by the letters A D and D.

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                              "take EVERYTHING they say literally" club
                              I've been in that club since I was young. There hasn't hardly been a point in my life where I didn't annoy somebody with that particular trait.
                              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                              X