This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, that will do it...

The scanner near me has been playing up the last few days and hasn't been feeding right - or at all to be honest. Its been threatening to rip everyones papers etc when they feed them through the document feeder. Very few of them will actually place it on the glass before trying the feeder even if its a single page - even when I warn them the feeder is playing up!

So I'm on my way out tonight and someone scans something and it does it again. He decide to look closer and I decide to help out as its seems to need more than 2 hands to take apart. I'm also fed up of warning people that they are risking their document to the feral machine!

I scan a document after we *thought* we'd fixed it and it doesn't work. Before we pull it out I have a look where its failed to feed through and notice the problem:

There is bluetack stuck in the feed gap at one side!

After 5 minutes of gently easing it out with a pen lid I finally get it all out and its working again.

I'm hoping this was a one off... and I won't need to post a sign saying "no paperclips or bluetack on scanned documents please!"
    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

WTF? How can ANYONE think it's OK to put documents with bluetack on them through a sheet-fed scanner?

"no paperclips or bluetack on scanned documents please!"
    Careful about that - considering the mentality you're clearly dealing with, they'd take any note as being an exhaustive list. "Hey, this list doesn't say you can't put documents held together with a 6 inch machinist's vise through the scanner, so it must be OK".
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I thought, "Hmm, I wonder if she remembered to remove that novelty shredder attachment someone put there as a joke.."

Comment

"This reproduction equipment is not to be used for the release of blue anything."
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
        X