This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a good thoughts request

To make it short - I have to visit an Urgent Care center asap tomorrow because I need refills on prescriptions for asthma meds. I have to do this because my "regular" doctor's office apparently either switched phone numbers or moved to a new location, and did not notify patients.

So......I need something to keep me going until I can either track them down or find a new doctor, and because I did get kind of fussed at before for using an urgent care place for asthma meds, i'm in need of good thoughts that this goes well. (dont mean to sound overly dramatic, but it's ReALLY scary when one is having an asthma attack and doesnt have the meds to relieve it)

....switched without telling anyone?!?! That sounds, seriously, seriously shady.

Find a new doctor, imo.

Good luck, and I hope that UC place gives you the refills asap. And I hope as well that your "regular doc" is visited by several well-placed plagues.
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth KellyHabersham View Post
      (dont mean to sound overly dramatic, but it's ReALLY scary when one is having an asthma attack and doesnt have the meds to relieve it)
      Trust me, I know, this fall I wound up going to the ER twice in one weekend because I was out of meds and my docs office was closed.
      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Good luck, and I agree..find a new doc.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I'll definitely have to find a new doctor, although not for the reasons I initially thought - according to some info which I found online, "Dr. Clark" (the doctor who owned the practice) apparently retired this past August, and passed away in early January.

All of which I was shocked/saddened to read, because I really only make an appointment once a year to get my prescriptions refilled/renewed, so I was unaware of any changes which may have taken place. (Also, the woman who answered the phone when I called this morning could have been a LOT more helpful......when I asked if this was still Dr. Clark's office, all she said was "It used to be", and volunteered no further info......she didnt seem especially friendly, and hung up before I could say anything else. (in other words, I dont know if the other doctors might have taken over the practice or if it's closed)

Comment

If urgent care fusses at you, ask them "Would you prefer I clog up the local ER?"

Lots of ERs are broken up into different sections, depending on how sick you are, and there is almost always an Urgent Care type section. I've been working for 2 weeks and I've already had patients who came in just for medication refills. You're being smart and finding an appropriate place for your refill.

Comment

Working...
            X