This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More TV Woes

While back I posted in Sightings about my issues with an iihregg salesman who irritated me with his assumptions girls don't get technology when I was shopping for a new TV.

Well, I have an update, and the news isn't good. There isn't any particular suck on the part of the floor staff, but things still haven't gone well and I'm pretty well furious right now.

So, Saturday I head back to the store to check out the Superbowl deals. I finally find the TV I've been wanting at the price I wanted: an LG 50PV450 that got a Best Buy recommendation from Consumer Reports. I buy it, get it loaded in my car, and take it home.

I get it setup, which was a bit of a pain . . . the sucker was HEAVY. But all went well, and I had the pleasure of watching Avatar, which was GORGEOUS.

Sunday, just before the Superbowl starts, the tv quits working. Just blanks out.

Crap!

So I lug the thing back to the store, hoping to get a replacement.

It's not in stock.

They check another store in Nearby City, and they have several in stock; they tag one for me and I tell them I'll pick up after work today. Which I did. However, I'm not happy about having to drive 30 minutes to Nearby City, taking time out of my evening and my own gas. They tell me they can't shop stock between stores.

So I get the thing home, and guess what?

The screen's cracked.

My back hurts from lugging the thing into the house. I don't want to lug it back to my local store, and there's no way I'm going all the way back to Nearby City to do the return. So I try to call the manager at local store.

The call goes automatically to their Call Center . . . which is closed.

So basically, I have no way to call and complain. I'm just livid. And I haven't even had dinner yet, and it's almost 7pm.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

I'm stressing out over it just reading about it. Sorry to hear about your TV misfortunes. Hopefully you can get it sorted out soon. Sucks that you couldn't watch the game on it, though...ugh.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I may be posting something in praising customer service soon.

I got a phone call from the salesman who sold me my TV. He heard about my issues, and had more bad news; the one on hold for delivery tomorrow had been sold to someone else.

He offered me a choice: take the last one they had which was in an open box and get a discount or get an upgrade to another brand (Panasonic) for the same price. I opted for the latter, and rescheduled delivery for Monday.

He also apologized for all the problems and asked that I call and ask for him by name if I had any further problems.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will work out better.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Well, not that it'll make up for the mess...

But at least you had a nice salesman who takes the time to be a nice guy.
        My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Working...
        X