This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was so excited

I had thought that this month, finally, after 4 years, that my husband and I were finally going to have a child. Instead of excitement and anticipation now, I'm left feeling devastated. The only approximation I can think of is this: a woman gets pregnant and miscarries one month, then the next month, the same thing happens, the following month, same thing. This happens every month until she's too old to have kids. Then she dies.

I know the feeling. Dh and i have been trying for over 4 years too. We're just about to find out if this month took.

I've found a lot of support via a pregnancy forum where a lot of other people are going through the same thing, if you're interested i can pm you the address, it's a UK based one though and I'm not sure where youre located.

Comment

Mr Jedi and I tried for almost 6 years and our first little one is due to make his appearance in November. I can PM you the name of a supplement that really helped us. Of course, run it by your doc first. And definitely check out support groups. Even if it's nothing official and just a couple girlfriends going through the same thing. Infertility and difficulty conceiving can be a really lonely thing and it helps to know you're not alone. The fertility testing can be painful both physically and emotionally so if you're going that route, don't be afraid to get a counselor.

I had to come to terms with the possibility Mr Jedi and I would never have children. Really I think it was harder on him than me because I was content with having kids of the four-legged variety. Now that we're about to have a human kid, I'm terrified beyond belief.

I'm wishing both of you all the luck. There's very little, IMO, more emotionally draining in life than to want to give a child a loving home and for whatever reason not be able to.
      I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

I'd love the address, Golden Phoenix, being able to talk about it would help.
        Jedimaster, I'm glad for you, that you're finally getting your child!

Comment

Well, i got my BFp, but lost the pregnancy only two days later.

Comment

I had a miscarriage towards the end of July. It was pretty devastating since it was my first pregnancy. I do take comfort in the fact that almost all of my female friends have had miscarriages and went on to have successful subsequent pregnancies. Most of those miscarriages were first pregnancies too. It's sadly common, but people are born all the time so there's hope.

I'm glad to see that there's sort of a movement to get miscarriages out in the open as painful as they are to discuss. It shouldn't be a taboo subject to talk about and know that you're not alone really helps.

Comment

Working...
            X