Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried it, it's EXACLTY the same as GIMP. Even down to the about page. And there's bundled software in the installer. I would NOT trust it.

Comment

Quoth Silent-Hunter View Post
      I tried it, it's EXACLTY the same as GIMP. Even down to the about page. And there's bundled software in the installer. I would NOT trust it.
      Maybe it was the bundled software that displeased Norton.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Whoa, bundled software? That's new. I haven't tried Gimpshop in... uh... several years, but last time I did, it was just Gimpshop, nothing else.
        Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
        OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
        she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
        Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

I still don't understand how it's any different than regular GIMP.

Comment

From Wikipedia:
            GIMPshop modifies the menu structure to more closely resemble Photoshop and adjusts the program's terminology to match Adobe's. Due to the interface changes, many tutorials for the popular Photoshop can be followed in GIMPshop without modification, and others may be adapted for GIMPshop users with minimal effort. All of GIMP's own plugins (filters, brushes, etc.) remain available.

WP also quotes Gimpshop's creator, Scott Moschella, re: spyware and other crap:
            I originally created Gimpshop, but I'm not the jerk who owns that domain and added adware & spyware to the source. Sorry about that. I hate that this guy is out there making my fun little project into an abomination.
            If you're going to get Gimpshop, it looks like SF.net is the best place to get it: http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimpshop.mirror/ ...but the software hasn't been updated in 2 years.
            Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
            OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
            she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
            Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Working...
            X