• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *hero slaps a guy, takes his butterfly knife, closes it and hands it back*
    "Try it again."

Hint 1: Cult movie, is a lesser known title in the US
    Hint 2: Was released in 1984

and adding, Hint 3: Was extremely popular in Japan to the point that it inspired the visual style of several Anime and Video Games: Notably Bublegum Crisis (anime), Final Fight (game), and Streets of Rage (game) (Akira was also inspired by this movie somewhat as was the Matrix indirectly because the matrix was inspired by anime inspired by this movie)
    Last edited by Chanlin; 04-30-2012, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• Ok: Final hint for mine, if no one has it in 2 more days I'll post the answer.

*hero slaps a guy, takes his butterfly knife, closes it and hands it back*
      "Try it again."

Hint 1: Cult movie, is a lesser known title in the US
      Hint 2: Was released in 1984
      Hint 3: Was extremely popular in Japan to the point that it inspired the visual style of several Anime and Video Games: Notably Bublegum Crisis (anime), Final Fight (game), and Streets of Rage (game) (Akira was also inspired by this movie somewhat as was the Matrix indirectly because the matrix was inspired by anime inspired by this movie)

Final HINT: The more well known stars in the film include Amy Madigan, Rick Moranis, and Willem Dafoe (this hint should make the answer easily searched for)

Comment

• Streets of Fire?
        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

• Chanlin: Streets of Fire (1984)

My Quote -

Teacher: Children, I want you all to stay where you are. No one is to move. There are guns and no one must get hurt.

SC
          "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

• Quoth Crossbow View Post
            Streets of Fire?
            Yep, looks like two answers posted at the same time

Comment

• Quoth Chanlin View Post
              Yep, looks like two answers posted at the same time
              I'll give it to BroSCFischer since he had a quote ready.
              "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

• Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
                Teacher: Children, I want you all to stay where you are. No one is to move. There are guns and no one must get hurt.
                OK, being that its been 36 hours or so, I think a hint might be in order.

This was from an Australian Movie based on a novel by an Australian author that was based (somewhat) on actual events.

SC
                "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Comment

• Fortress (1986)

"Meine Kapitan!"
                  "Vas ist das? Zoom, zoom. Vas ist das? Vas ist das?" [beeping]

Comment

• ((Tyge3rW01f on Sarlon's comp from housesitting))

Extra hint...
                    "Wait a minute. You want me to find this George Pickle?"
                    "Not PICKLE!!! SSSSSSSSSTICKLE!!!! Machinist's Mate 2nd Class George SSSSSSSSSSSStickle!!"
                    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• The Incredible Mr. Limpet?

SC

Comment

• *nods* Yes.
                        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• OK, here's one:

Man 1: No enemies?
                          Man 2: Alive.

SC

Comment

• Quoth DaDairyDruid View Post
                            The Last Starfighter
                            How weird; I just picked up that movie today at Goodwill, intending to use it for tapeovers. Should I actually watch it first?
                            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Record over the last starfighter? are you high?

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                              Iron Man

"It's (blank), Mr. (X), I'm sure they'll call back."
                              Batman Begins.

You need to be nicer to your robot.
                              Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
                              Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Working...
                              X