Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Plans for February 14th, aka Arizona Day.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the link! Lots of informative stuff there. Sadly, nothing with the specific proclamation, but luckily, after perusing that page, I found this, which I hope to blow up this weekend and hand out on Tuesday. Just six more days!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

"Admitting" Arizona is the 48th state? Were they trying to keep it a secret?

Oh, wait...admitting Arizona AS the 48th state....

Never mind.
      Last edited by MoonCat; 02-11-2012, 03:40 AM.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Mel View Post
        As for me, my first wedding anniversary is tomorrow, and during that other holiday, I'll be with a group of 10 other women laying in the Sun in the Carribean (we all won the trip there).
        I forgot to ask...where in the Caribbean?

By the way....ONLY FOUR DAYS UNTIL ARIZONA DAY!!! Are YOU ready?

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

I've getting a tooth filled on Tuesday. Guess I'll have to remember to wish my dentist a Happy Arizona Day.

Comment

I've only been to Arizona once but I loved it. I think I'd rather celebrate AZ Day than V-Day (though I don't mind if I get some chocolate). Hubby's idea of showing me a good time after work Tuesday night is for me to come to the Homeowner's Association meeting (he's on the Board of Directors)...I'm reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally disinclined to accept.
            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

More specifically, in the Dominican Republic. I leave in two days!

I can't wait to hear about your Arizona Day stories!

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                Guess I'll have to remember to wish my dentist a Happy Arizona Day.
                It would be the polite thing to do. And I'm sure he'll (she'll?) appreciate it.

Quoth Mel View Post
                More specifically, in the Dominican Republic. I leave in two days!
                Nice. DR makes some fantastic rum. If you are into rum, let me know, and I can offer some suggestions, though of course, nothing is better than personal exploration.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
                  I've only been to Arizona once but I loved it. I think I'd rather celebrate AZ Day than V-Day
                  V-day - would that be "VA Day" or "VT Day"? Only 2 states I could think of that start with "V".
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Jester, I hope you'll have some pics of this...

Comment

You and me both!

Still A Customer."

Comment

It's here! It's here! It's here! Arizona's 100th birthday! WOOT! Yee ha! Glorious holiday for which I have waited so long, it is finally HERE!

Got my Centennial t-shirt and hat! Got my Centennial beer coozies. Got my miniature Arizona flags to hand out! And yesterday, got printouts of the Tucson Star front page from February 14, 1912, which I will also be handing out! (No, I am not joking about any of this....why do you ask?)

Everyone feel free to join me on this festive occasion. Have some nachos, enjoy some margaritas, bask in some sunshine, enjoy some sand between your toes, feel free to forget to water your cactus (it can and WILL wait), break out your dehumidifier and turn your thermostat up to Are You For Real?, start the day off with a chorizo omelet, have some Coronas, Tecates, Dos Equis, or better yet, Pacificos (or if you're lucky enough to be IN Arizona, have a Four Peaks Kiltlifter or an Oak Creek Nut Brown Ale for me!), put salsa on your eggs, enjoy some more margaritas, watch the Phoenix Suns take on the Denver Nuggets (9 pm ET), head to the gun range for some target practice, pan for gold in the mountains, enjoy even more margaritas, and celebrate the Zoniness of the day, for today is Arizona Day, and it will be AWESOME!

HAPPY ARIZONA DAY, EVERYONE! HAPPY CENTENNIAL!

Last edited by Jester; 02-14-2012, 12:07 PM.

Still A Customer."

Comment

HAPPY ARIZONA DAY JESTER!!!

HAPPY 100TH ARIZONA!!!
                          Last edited by Rantsylvania 6-5000; 02-14-2012, 01:37 PM.
                          Steven Slater ROCKS! So does James Jones!

The world is an asshole contest...and EVERYONE'S A WINNER!

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                            bask in some sunshine
                            *looking out the windows*

Yeah...uh...no. I'll watch random snowflakes.

However, if you can find it in your heart to save me a flag...
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Happy Arizona Day!
                              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

All I can do is imagine that I'm doing all the things you suggest, Jester. No sunshine. No mountains (unless I meet a busty gal today). No sand (except on the roads). Gun range is closed for the winter.

All I've got is the dry air.

Happy Arizona Day.
                                "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Working...
                                X