Go Back   Customers Suck! > Community > Off Topic

Old 06-22-2020, 08:48 PM
Killer Queen

Well, I just released a new book so I decided I'll buy the new book once mine earns enough in royalties to pay for it. Should be a couple more days.

Old 06-24-2020, 04:39 AM
Escapee

CW was telling how she hurt herself, and I was struggling to sound sympathetic. Now I've hurt myself in dumb ways, so I completely understand. But I always acknowledge that I did I stupid thing. If I'm telling someone what I did I use phrases like "I don't know what I was thinking" or "it was my own fault" etc.

This lady literally could not believe that she had hurt herself. She kept saying "isn't it crazy?" or "I don't know what happened!" Lady. You just told me you were using a knife to try to open something while cutting in the direction of your hand and the knife slipped. It's pretty simple. You are the reason we have stupid warning labels, because I bet you'd try to sue the knife company.

Old 06-25-2020, 01:22 PM
Professional Geek

Quote:
Quoth notalwaysright View Post
It's pretty simple. You are the reason we have stupid warning labels, because I bet you'd try to sue the knife company.

I've always said, every warning label you see is for a reason. That's because some idiot tried to do that one thing, and managed to hurt/kill themselves in the process, causing the company to get sued over not having a warning label.

Old 07-01-2020, 02:27 AM
I need a life

I just realized that I'm the housing-stable person in the family. I've been in my place longer than my dad's had his current house. When my brother needs a place to crash between relationships, he sometimes ends up here. I still get his mail sometimes. My mom just sold her house and she'll be here with me in August. I'm the landing spot for the wandering family members haha. I guess I'm officially a grown-up.

Old 07-10-2020, 01:44 PM
Area Manager

Yesterday I was watching the first series of Celebrity Gogglebox on 4OD. One of the programs being covered was a documentary where a woman went to stay with a pygmy tribe in the Amazon for 5 months.

One of the facts bandied around was that the average height of a pygmy is 4' 11". That means I am officially on the short side for a pygmy at 4' 10.5". Even pygmies are taller than me.

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Old 07-10-2020, 07:44 PM
Loanshark IT

Quote:
Quoth greek_jester View Post
Even pygmies are taller than me.
Somewhere out there (and hopefully it never makes it to the internet), they is a picture of me (high school age), dancing with a friends girl friend. She was 4'9". In the picture, I am on my knees, I was still taller than her.

Old 07-10-2020, 10:08 PM
Official CS tillgirl fondler!

Can anyone hear a sort of squeaking noise? It's sort of coming from around the ankle area... something tiny is yapping away

Old 07-12-2020, 12:15 AM
Philosophical Tomato

I've discovered that this apartment's acoustics are so f'ed up that even with my headphones, mom watching TV drowns out my computer audio (she has the volume way up, no solid barrier between the 'halves' of the living room and somehow sound is transmitted through the furniture and floor). So I can only do my online courses when she's not around. This one-bedroom situation stopped being "fun" about a month in.

Old 07-14-2020, 08:48 PM
Store Manager

Quote:
Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
I've discovered that this apartment's acoustics are so f'ed up that even with my headphones, mom watching TV drowns out my computer audio (she has the volume way up, no solid barrier between the 'halves' of the living room and somehow sound is transmitted through the furniture and floor). So I can only do my online courses when she's not around. This one-bedroom situation stopped being "fun" about a month in.
Make her use headphones, so she can turn the volume up as far as she likes. Or get her hearing aids.

Old 07-15-2020, 12:22 AM
Philosophical Tomato

I've been trying; she wants me to use headphones (um, I am)...and won't believe that they're not really working the way she thinks the way things are currently set up. I just know that if I buy her a pair to use with the TV it'll result in some sort of whining...thank Dog for captioning on my course videos.

Last edited by Dreamstalker; 07-15-2020 at 10:18 PM.