Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of people "out of the loop"...

OK, usually during the spring and summer and into the fall, our small printing business does up a flyer for people who want to advertise garage sales. People bring us their info, we type them all up with a little map, and bargain hunters come to us on the weekends so they can find pre-used bargains. It's a big thing in our small town, and it gets people in the door and on their minds.

However, due to the COVID-19 outbreak and social distancing and the general fear of getting sick from strangers has people not doing this.

Today I got a call from someone asking "Are there any garage sales today?"

Me: "No, no one is having any sales."

Them: "Why?"

That took me a moment to process...

Me: "Um... with the pandemic, and the social distancing... would you want a hundred strangers showing up at your house?"

Them: "... oooh. Right."

*click*

Some people.

(and I knew who the guy was, he runs a business that is currently being affected by the lack of people traveling BECAUSE of the pandemic...)
    "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Wow....Just....Wow
    My son thinks I'm Lucifer Morningstar. I'm not sure he's wrong.

Comment

The number of times I've thought "Hey! I have time right now. I should do *thing I haven't done in a long time*" Then remembering everything is closed. At least I remember it before I start calling around.

Comment

I saw the words 'garage sales' and thought "Yeah, I bet I know where this is going ..."

Didn't quite hit it on the nose (I thought somebody would be calling to advertise a huge garage or neighbourhood sale) -- well, at least you didn't get a lecture on how COVID is a hoax or something similar.
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
        X