This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Bliss View Post
    Welcome to CS.com, please allow me to be the nitpicker today and to teach some minor rules, please don't take this personally. it's just about the woman and her prole that went to be checked out at 10:05 (what a bitch), it's generally considered here in bad taste to mention a person's race, religion, sex or sexual orientation unless it plays a part in the story (like for example she accused you of being racist for X or Y, or she was acting very weirdly and it somehow had to do with her religion, etc.)

Just your friendly reminder.
    You're absolutely right, I apologize. I was just trying to describe the scene. No racism or offense intended at all . And thanks for the welcomes, everyone.

Comment

Quoth Bliss View Post
      Welcome to CS.com, please allow me to be the nitpicker today and to teach some minor rules, please don't take this personally. it's just about the woman and her prole that went to be checked out at 10:05 (what a bitch), it's generally considered here in bad taste to mention a person's race, religion, sex or sexual orientation unless it plays a part in the story (like for example she accused you of being racist for X or Y, or she was acting very weirdly and it somehow had to do with her religion, etc.)
      Welcome, Despina83! We're a friendly bunch here, and many people have mentioned that they feel closer to people on this site than they do some members of their own family.

That being said, I'd also like to mention that should you have a problem with a post, to please use the report button. It's in the upper right-hand corner of the post section--it looks like an exclaimation mark in a box. The report is sent to the moderating team, and is completely confidential.

But once again, welcome to CS.com--sounds like you've got some good stories to tell!
      I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth Sableonblonde View Post
        I really think that the time a store is scheduled to close is the time it should actually close. If it hits ten o'clock and there are still people lollygagging around the store - too bad. The registers should all be closed down at exactly ten and anybody who didn't make it up front in time loses out. I realize this would result in a lot of bitching and whining and drama, but really - if people are going to be so ignorant that they ignore the closing time and act like the world should revolve around them, then they should get nothing.
        While I understand your position, and I commiserate (really...I used to be a cashier), let me offer some examples as to why it wouldn't be a good idea.

Snowstorm warnings. When snow is forecast, everyone and their cousin's college roommate's best friend's step-brother comes in to shop. From open until close. As hard as the cashiers and baggers try, it's non-stop and still busy. Should people be punished because even though they started shopping at 7:30 pm, they've been in line for an hour?

Personal example here. My shift ends at 10 pm most nights. The man of the household and I have found that it's more convenient to shop near the end of my shift. He'll start at approx. 9:15 or so (so he can be done by the time I'm done). Would it be OUR fault if we had to get a few more items than usual and go to check out, only to find out that there were callouts and there's only four registers open and three baggers?

Gas station. Say someone comes in at 5 minutes before close and starts pumping gas. For whatever reason, the pump is slow. However, they've prepaid.

I won't go on anymore.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
        X