X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick of the Litter

We had one hell of a day Friday. ^_^

Can't You Hear

Older fellow and his wife ordered and mistakenly asked for a #2 instead of a #3. Only difference is the strips vs. three piece leg and thigh. Now I know customers mistakenly order the #2 all the time when they mean the #3. In fact, we have one lady who deliberately orders the #3, which is cheaper, and asks for what she really wanted, the #2, in order to scam us of a few dollars. In the older fellow's case, it went like this...

OM: Old man with money issues, apparently
    CW: Poor poor AH, who didn't see it coming

OM: This is wrong, we didn't order this.
    CW: I'm sorry?
    OM: We ordered the #3, not the #2.
    CW: Okay, lemme fix that.

She fixed the order---we actually let them keep the legs and thighs. We had a line out the door and we didn't want any problems. But...!

OM: Yeah, and this ain't right either! (pointing at receipt) I wanna see the manager!
    CW: One moment.

She calls TL up and TL of course, being the ineffectual and wussy manager that she is, tries to figure out what the old man wants. I had to explain it to her twice that he wanted a refund for $2.00, what my CW had accidentally overcharged him. She didn't even charge the old goat for his drinks either, so he got them for free regardless of any refund.

TL: Oh, okay, let me get that.
    OM: You'ns got my order wrong, I had (this) instead of (this).
    Me: He needs a refund, TL.
    TL: (stares at the receipt like it was gonna do tricks or jump throw a flaming hoop---her expression was freaking priceless)
    OM: I ordered the #3, not the #2.
    CW: I'm sorry, sir, we'll get it figured out. (Covering for TL, I suppose.)
    OM: Well open your damn ears!
    CW: I'm sorry...

I got so mad. She shouldn't have had to say she was sorry all those times. TL should have been taking care of it. When it was all over, I was shaking, I was so mad. TL was being a priss tonight and would walk away from a huge line of customers so she didn't have to deal with them.

Spooooooky

I was on DT and this woman comes through...

OW: I would like two Kentucky bowls and two Pepsis please. (points for politeness)
    Me: Okay, was there anything else with that?
    OW: Yeah, I know who this is, but last time my husband said he didn't get very much gravy on the bowls.
    Me: ................I'll make sure there's plenty this time. Please pull forward.

I was a little freaked. The old lady said her husband actually counts the pieces of chicken in the bowl to see if she gets more in hers than him. I had to explain that we don't count, we just fill the top to make it look good. She was nice enough, just spoooky.

Meanie meanie poopoo head

This woman asks, in the middle of our rush (from 4 to 9 I swear), for a rag to wipe the tables down. I offered the wetwipes because there was no way in hell I was going to give her our stinky dirty towels that had been there all day and let her complain to coporate. She asks me, "Don't you wipe your tables?!" all indignantly. I immediately go out into the dining area and clean some, but I was mad that she had to ask when we were obviously short-staffed and couldn't help a few dirty tables. (Literally, a few, only three out of sixteen were dirty. I guess they just like the one table better than others.)

Sauerkraut?!?!

Fellow asked me for an 8-piece with potatoes and sauerkraut. Pennsylvanian people may eat a lot of it, especially on New Year's, but KFC has never sold it. EVER. I was mildly amused. I also forgot the next person's order.

WTF?

Some family, obviously of the "white trash" incline, came through and asked for a 12 piece. Our DT speaker was acitng up so I asked them to pull forward and took their order at the window.

Me: Tired and irritable
    WTM: Po' folk

Me: Okay, a 12 pc is 27.23 and the extra potato is 2.99, so it'll be $31.42 (or something like that, don't recall)
    WTM: But out there it says 11.99 for a 12 pc meal.
    Me: (blink blink WTF?)
    WTM: Your menu says 11.99.
    Me: I'm sorry, our 12 pc is 26.99 before tax.
    WTM: Well, your menu says... (blah blah heard you the first time)
    Me: I'm sorry, but the only thing we have on the menu for 11.99 is the 12 pc just strips, no sides.
    WTM: We don't want that, we want the 12 pc chicken meal. (Strips aren't chicken? Glory, I've been mislead!)
    Me: (after pressing the price for a moment they finally pay but complain at leisure)

I went to pack the meal, got everything all together, and give it to them.

WTM: You'ns oughta look at your damn menu board. (speeds off)

I was never so glad to be done of it tonight.
    Purveyor of all chickeny goodness, and chicken ninja of the highest grade!
    "With it's indiscriminate slaughter of organic tissue, nothing can survive." - Mongo Skruddgemire

Quoth ColonelInTheKitchen View Post
    (Strips aren't chicken? Glory, I've been mislead!)
    There are many theories on that.

A great many.

:shudders to think about it, then daydreams about KFC biscuits:
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
    X