This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Rant - Many Complaints

I don't feel like starting a whole bunch of diffrent threads, but I dealt with a bunch of SCs today, and feel they need mentioning.

1) I had two different customers make comments to me about my age. One was that I was not old enough to watch Desperate Housewives, the other is when I said something about having to do my grocery shopping when I was done work, said something about me being to young to be living on my on. Yes, I know, I look young, but I'm in my twenties for God's sake, and it's really not your business how old I am, what I watch on tv, or what my living situation is.

2) I was doing back-shops early this morning, and a lady asked me to explain an ad to her. Something was on sale for three for $5. The item is usually $1.99. The sign said something like "Save 90 cents, when you buy three," she kept arguing with me that that meant she should save 90 cents on each box and they should only be a dollar each. Why did she even ask me to explain the ad to her if she was just going to argue about it with me.

3) I had another customer who handed me a coupon, which I couldn't use. 1) It's expired, 2) it was $1 off three, she had only gotten one, and 3) she had cut off the part that says "manufactuor's coupon." She had to argue with me about that for a few minutes.

4) This actually didn't happen to me, but to my bagger, but it was at my register, so I'm going to include it. This guy had bought cases of water. Big cases of 24 bottles. He wanted them in a bag. There is no way whatsoever that we can bag cases of water. They will not fit in bags.

5) Yes I have to see your ID when you write a check, and I need your phone number, and the date has to be correct, and the signature has to be the same name as the name on the check. (This was more then one customer.)

6) Yes, my line is closed. My light is off. The sign right there says I'm closed. Don't look at me like that because you're in a hurry and you're too important to wait in a line.

7) When I am closed don't argue that I'm not because I'm still checking people out. I have to finish the order that was in my line when I shut my light off.

8) When I'm done work, and done my grocery shopping, and am in line to check out, don't complain to me about their being lines, don't complain that the line is curved instead of it being straight, don't say where the line should start, and don't tell me to go find a manager for you when I'm checking out, I'm going home.

Okay, I feel better now.

yeah.. people suck...

Well.. not MOST people.. Just..

YEAH.. everyone sucks...

Comment

Quoth disneyfav4ever View Post
      1) I had two different customers make comments to me about my age... Yes, I know, I look young, but I'm in my twenties for God's sake, and it's really not your business how old I am, what I watch on tv, or what my living situation is.
      I remember those kind of people. I was living on my own(with my boyfriend, the future Mr Zu), and pregnant with our first baby when I was 19. It got so old hearing people making comments about our age.
      "Blah blah blah you are too young to have an apartment blah blah too young to have a baby blah blah blargle you'll never make it you don't know what you're getting in to..."
      sickening, those are often the same people who automatically think the very worst of any young person. I chalk it up to rampaging jealousy.

Hugs to you, you are working and supporting yourself and doing fine. Just try to think of their nosy opinions as so much bitter hot air blowing around. Its all empty jealousy.

Comment

Quoth disneyfav4ever View Post
        4) This actually didn't happen to me, but to my bagger, but it was at my register, so I'm going to include it. This guy had bought cases of water. Big cases of 24 bottles. He wanted them in a bag. There is no way whatsoever that we can bag cases of water. They will not fit in bags.
        SC's response: Well, you should get bags big enough for the water.

Bah. People and their need for bags for everything.

Quoth Crazeyal View Post
        yeah.. people suck...

Well.. not MOST people.. Just..

YEAH.. everyone sucks...
        Hey!! What I do is nobody's business but mine and the person I'm with.
        (:giggle: I love saying that.)
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
        X