This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Arugula?" "Nuts?"

And I was FINALLY having a good day at work, too!!!!!!

A little before 5:30, I was getting ready to go to the 'bar, when the phone in the back room rang. I didn't answer it because a) I was busy, and b) it's so seldom for me that it's a waste of my time to answer it.

Turns out it was for me, believe it or not. I got a page to call the hot foods department. My night supervisor had a customer asking a question about the spring mix.

"Do you guys put arugula in the spring mix?" I was asked.

"Technically, no," I replied. "It comes in, prepackaged...but yes, it does have arugula in it."

He tells the customer so, and the conversation ends.

Of course, that's NOT the end of it, because otherwise I wouldn't be posting this, right?

I swear, the woman must've had wings or something, because less than a minute later, I was taking my cart to the salad bar for the mid-shift fill up. I barely get out of the doors when a woman holding a container of spring mix is eyeing my cart like I'm hiding hundred dollar bills or something.

Having gotten my attention, she points to some random leaves in the produce section and asks, "Is THAT arugula?" (Oh, biscuit, I think...it's her...)

"No, ma'am, that's not. Arugula looks like THIS" and I show her a bag of it.

"Oh. How come you guys don't have any loose arugula. You used to!!! Where is it?? Why don't you have any??"

"I don't know, ma'am. This technically isn't my department, and we have some turnover in products, the warehouse doesn't send some things every day, etc."

"Oh."

So, I continue on my merry way to the 'bar. The woman must've been following me, because as soon as I get there, she's digging in the spring mix pan. "Is there arugula in this?"

{silent sigh} "Yes, ma'am, there is. See? Plenty of it."

Starts digging in the refill pan of said bunch of leaves and miscellanious weeds aka Spring Mix. Repeat arugula question again and again and again...well, you get the picture.

FINALLY she leaves to buy whatever spring mix she had. Yaaaaaaaaaay. I'm free to fill up the salad bar.

Oh, wait. She coming back. Goodie.

Stares at my cart some more.

"Do you have any nuts?" (OK, I could've said quite a few things to that, but...)

"Not on the cart, no, and I'm sorry. However, there ARE mixed nuts on the other side of the salad bar."

She toddles over to the other side, looks, comes back, stares intently at the cart AGAIN and once again inquires about nuts.

{Please, someone PLEASE put me out of my misery!!!!!!}

She wanders around the area, non stop, getting in my way, asking the same questions over and over...

FINALLY she goes to check out.

Oh, wait. Here she comes again. What did I do to deserve this? I won't leer at GK anymore, I promise!!!

"Arugula?"

"Only in the spring mix AND in the pre-packaged bags that I already showed you, ma'am. I'm sorry. We should have some more selection tomorrow, though."

"Nuts?"

"Well, we have some here in the salad bar, there's more further up the aisle, and there's a larger selection in aisle five."

"Oh."

Someone, somewhere, finally took pity on me, and she left for good.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

WOW. That's some short term memory there....... maybe we should pity her and assume she had Alzheimer's? Nah. Probably just stupid.

Comment

She wasn't even that old, either.

She had totally ruined my good day, too. Took me hours to recover.
      Unseen but seeing
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I kept waiting to hear that you looked outside the window and well it wasn't really one woman it was triplets or quadruplets all in the same outfit . . . .

I do have to say I have caught myself before when I have asked about something . . . and a little bit latter ask the same question again . . . only because I am putting my brain on overload.

Comment

Quoth Emrld View Post
          I kept waiting to hear that you looked outside the window and well it wasn't really one woman it was triplets or quadruplets all in the same outfit . . . .
          That's too scary to contemplate.
          Unseen but seeing
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

"Arugula?" "Nuts?"

'No, my name's Juwl.'
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

She was trying to see if your answer would change. Obviously you were lying. You were hiding the good nuts and the goods arugula and she was just waiting for you to slip up.

That or maybe she thought if she asked enough you'd suddenly pull out fresh honey-roasted nuts and fresh out of the ground arugula from your butt, just for her.

Comment

Quoth Screamarie View Post
                That or maybe she thought if she asked enough you'd suddenly pull out fresh honey-roasted nuts and fresh out of the ground arugula from your butt, just for her.
                Disturbing. VERY disturbing.

Why anyone would want to purchase anything that comes out of someone's orifices is beyond my comprehension.
                Unseen but seeing
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                X