Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It must be hard being a full-time bitch . . .

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business Cards

Quoth karma_gypsy View Post
    (although, thinking back now, I should have left them the web address to this website - business cards or the like would probably help too).
    I can see that this idea may pick up steam, but here's what I already do....
    I have regular "real" printer business cards, and I have "homemade" personal cards (If you haven't tried them in a while, give 'em a shot - they have serrations so fine now you can't tell they are pull-aparts.) in my wallet. The personals are just an easier way to give someone my name and phone in non-business related matters. (Rather than hunt around for a pen and paper at the grocery or whatever.) A few years ago I started putting web sites that I found myself recommending often on the back. So when I discovered that CS was back up it went on the list along with Snopes and IMDb etc.

Comment

You know what's funny, since I've started visiting this site, I've found myself actually conversing with coworkers and others I know who work in similar customer service jobs about it. Some of the conversations get quite involved, especially with customers who also work in customer service at other businesses. I think visiting here has made me more apt to discuss it with other customer service workers.
      The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

I'm beginning to think it's our civic duty to step up and answer the call to duty...That duty being to tell some of these @#$%wads to shut the @#$% up.

*The rest of this post has been sanitized by management for your protection*

Comment

I dunno about the business cards. Think of how many people will get on here and complain about how we as a group are antagonizing the innocent customer who rules our worlds because they pay our salaries? We'll get SPs (sucky posters) instead of SCs. And more work for the mods.
          Purveyor of all chickeny goodness, and chicken ninja of the highest grade!
          "With it's indiscriminate slaughter of organic tissue, nothing can survive." - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

Quoth ColonelInTheKitchen View Post
            I dunno about the business cards. Think of how many people will get on here and complain
            The times I've handed one out to point someone to CS have been after a "sighting" that I later commiserated with the abused employee about, or fellow employees. For some reason telling the waitron that's just had grape juice poured on her by a five year old that she's not alone in the world of pure suckiness and then directing her here seems to take a little of the edge off
            I'd never give one to a customer in hopes of correcting their behaviour - I'm an optimist, but I'm not deluded
            (Plus, mine have my name and number on the other side - I'd be nuts to give it to someone in a confrontational situation.)

Comment

Quoth Knightmare View Post
              I'm working on a business card design for this site.
              Way back when I joined this site, I got some business cards from here (I think Mr. Slugger made them, I can't remember.) Still have some left.

If only I'd bought the "No, I don't work here!" t-shirt...
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                Way back when I joined this site, I got some business cards from here (I think Mr. Slugger made them, I can't remember.)
                Pretty sure Mr. Slugger sold business cards way back when.
                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                  I considered it, but then you have to take into account the postage cost (ouch).

Rapscallion
                  Could design them and post it on the site. Then it's our printer cash.

Tria, who pimps this site like a 2 dollar whore.

Comment

I'm actually in discussion about something along those lines.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                    X