This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We don't sell that

Yesterday, I didn't deal with many SCs, though I heard some.

Our cast...

CW- co worker
    SC - stupid/sucky customer

CW is walking SC to the MPU kiosk. Along the way, they pass a workstation computer.

SC: Do y'all sell Dells here?
    CW: No, sir.
    SC: I saw one over there.
    CW: That's the store's computer.
    SC: Well then you shouldn't have it on the floor if you aren't going to sell it!
    CW: Uh. I'm sorry?
    SC: That's against the law to have something on the salesfloor that isn't for sale!
    CW: But the computer is for associates to use in case someone wants to order something off Sears.com...
    SC: Still, you shouldn't have it on the floor!
    CW: Okay sir. Wal-mart sells Dells if you really want one.

By that point, they had walked away so I couldn't hear them. I have never heard someone complain about the workstation computers located on the floor. God, if he really wanted the darn Dell, he could take it for all I care. Those things are slower than hell and more often than not, they aren't working. (And I really hate it when customers say "it's against the law...blah blah..." )

-

Next up: paint SCs

I was setting up the ad for weedwackers and chainsaws and noticed a pair of customers in the paint department. They were about fifty feet away and seemed to be taking care of themselves, and I'm not a salesperson, so I didn't bother them. Twenty five minutes go by. Keep in mind that they can see me and call me over if they really wanted to, but it really seemed like they didn't want to be bother.

I finally drift closer to the paint department and one of the customers comes rolling over (she was leaning on her cart and pushing along).

SC: Do you work here?!
    Me: Not in this department but how-- (I was going to ask how I could help them)
    SC: (cuts me off) Damn it! How can I get some service around here!
    Me: I'm sorry; I can page someone for you. (I page someone but no one comes.)

Then I go find a salesperson, but there are only TWO in the entire tools/lawn and garden department and none of them knows paint.) One of them goes over to the customers.

CW: How can I help you?
    SC: I don't want any help! I'm leaving!

SC goes over to check out then whips out her check book and Sears card. Then she writes out a large amount, around three hundred dollars and gives it to other co-worker.

SC: I'm never using this Sears card again! I'm never coming back here! I'm going to Lowes!
    CW: I'm sorry ma'am.

She rolls out of there, complaining all the way with her silent hubby behind her.

Don't know what her problem was. If she wanted help that badly, why didn't she come and get me. I made eye contact with them thirty minutes before that happened and smiled. She had smiled back. I suppose I should have walked all the way over there and asked if they needed help, but I don't know...

So, anyway, I called my sister who works at the nearest Lowes near paint and warn her about this SC dressed in pink. She thanks me. Two hours later she actually calls me back on the store line and says that the SC did show up and complained about Sears. But that wasn't all she complained about...anything and everything--Lowes, Sears, her husband...guess she was just a complainer.

All right! Another person that works for Sears!

Why not just tell the guy that he could order pc's using that comp if he really wants to?

You can even make some money if you go through the right menu and type in your associate number.

Comment

Quoth Rine View Post
      SC: That's against the law to have something on the salesfloor that isn't for sale!
      Okay. Then I expect her to be happy going into shops with bare dirt floors, where everything is sitting right on the dirt (because the shelving wouldn't be for sale).

No price tags, of course - they're not for sale. No registers - they're not for sale. No counters. No concrete floor, or floor coverings.

No staff, unless she suddenly favours slavery...

Why yes, I'm exaggerating her intent. But it's AGAINST THE LAW, you know!
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Against the Law

When someone tells me that something is against the law I *DEMAND* the citation number of said law. Of-course they can't quote the number, asked for exactly what the law says and they always say something that is clearly not a legal write-up. Ask where to find the law and their mouth just just flap.

It is a major plus if they are lawyers, no citation and I wonder how good a lawyer they really are. And the only time a lawyer gave a number I looked it up and there was no match. However, he never came back for me to point this out.

In-fact, in all walks of life a number of people seem to get upset at me when I say I will Google up their claims, it is amazing the number of times their claims are wrong or mis-represented. Note: I often find I am wrong too, but that does not bother me with way it seems to bother others.

Comment

Oh another Sears employee. I work Dotcom and we have a million problems with our Dell computers.
          I have to say she is probably one of the ones calling or emailing in everyday threatening to cancel her credit card with us over stupid stuff that happens at the store.
          I am thankful though cause I don't have to deal with these customers in person.

Comment

Working...
          X