This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One from a loooooong time ago

Way back when I was joining the world of full time employment I worked in a Chemist. This chemist in the UK is a huge chain that sells everything from drugs to electric razors, which was the department I was working on at the time.

For those of you who don't use an electric razor they are seperated into two broad groups, foil and rotary. Both have blades that need to be replaced every 18 months or so. We sold said parts.

So far all is right with the world.

Enter the customer.

The customer who had no idea about boundries. Or hygeine.

This customer (no specifics for there are many) would very often be shaving in the morning and notice a pinching whilst doing so, look at the foil and see a tear (ouch). They would then troop into the store and want a new foil.

"Where is the problem Crazylegs?" I hear you cry?

The model number is located under the foil. Where the hair clippings go. On a shaver that hasn't been cleaned in MONTHS!, quite possibly since new.

Enter crazylegs. After a while I got so annoyed I carried about three pairs of latex gloves as more often than not you would remove the foil and be greeted by a veritable snowstorm of hair clippings. Greasy, compacted hair clippings. Normally accompanied by a smell that could be picked up in a distance measured in time zones.

Why take a product to a store to get a replacement part that essentially had dead bodily parts in it? WHY NOT CLEAN THE DAMN THING OUT? so I don't have your beard all down my leg.

Yuck.
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Ewwwwwwwwwww!!!

The only thing I can even relate to this is my pet store days.

Once, a customer decided they wanted to return a cage. The reason why? The hamster died in it. They didn't tell us this, instead, they let us figure it out for ourselves.

Don't ask me why management let us take the return without a valid reason, while it was clearly used (wood chips and all still in it!).

I feel the pain, man. I feel it.
    JB: Are you the grief counselor?
    GC: Oh, God, it never ends.

Cas@Mindsay

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post

Why take a product to a store to get a replacement part that essentially had dead bodily parts in it? WHY NOT CLEAN THE DAMN THING OUT? so I don't have your beard all down my leg.
      Because that would indicate thought and consideration of others, which we all know is not a strong point of SCs! Seriously, that's gross. Good call on the latex gloves.
      "Thank God for the idiots: but for them, the rest of us could not succeed." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Super gross, I clean my razors after every use. And any time I take anything in to be repaired or a piece replaced I clean it until it looks as close to knew as possible. I don't want people thinking I am a slob

Comment

In my eyes, only one thing could have made things worse for crazylegs. Up until about a week ago I thought he was a she. IMHO it would have been even worse if a woman took apart a razor and found that! I don't know why I think it would have been worse, but I do.
          Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Meh.
            Double edged razors rule
            Music: Last.fm
            Pwetty pictuwes: DeviantArt | Flickr

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post
              In my eyes, only one thing could have made things worse for crazylegs. Up until about a week ago I thought he was a she. IMHO it would have been even worse if a woman took apart a razor and found that! I don't know why I think it would have been worse, but I do.
              Yeouch! (checks boys bits) Yep still there!

We had several female staff who worked on and off, I replaced a female and was eventually replaced by a female who all had equally horriffic stories...

Comment

That's what's so great about those Braun shavers with the cleaning mechanism in in the charging stand. You don't have to clean them.
                Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

That's why I'll never give up my manual razor. Closer shave, easier to clean, no need to ask for a replacement part.

Also, in regards to the original story.... EWWWWWWW.
                  Those who are loudest about their qualifications, tend to have the least merit to their claims.

Comment

Quoth Mark Healey View Post
                    That's what's so great about those Braun shavers with the cleaning mechanism in in the charging stand. You don't have to clean them.
                    Oh, do people use them now?

Comment

It amazes me how many people didn't clean their items before trying to return them at the adult store. Needless to say I always snapped on latex gloves before handling a return.
                      Girls do not exist on the intarweb.

Comment

Quoth SportinGoods View Post
                        It amazes me how many people didn't clean their items before trying to return them at the adult store. Needless to say I always snapped on latex gloves before handling a return.
                        On topic - and even more eeeewwww than the OP!
                        When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Quoth SportinGoods View Post
                          You accept returns? Damn!
                          Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me!

I like big bots and I cannot lie.

Comment

I'm with the user who is all about the manual razor blades. The whole nine yards -- shaving cream, razor, closer shave, a variety of nicks afterwards. . . ahh, tradition.

To the OP -- that was absolutely disgusting. Some people have no manners at all.

Comment

Quoth theredbaron47 View Post

To the OP -- that was absolutely disgusting. Some people have no manners at all.
                              Wait until I talk about electric toothbrushes!

Comment

Working...
                              X