X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dressed To Unimpress

So this happened just this morning.

I work for a small company. We have no uniform, instead the dress code is merely smart, tidy and sensible. For most of the time that translates as clean slacks and either a shirt or a plain no-logo t-shirt. I almost always wear a plain shirt, black trousers, black braces and a plain tie.

This mroning a customer came in a d asked for the boss man. I called him out and the following conversation ensued:

Sc: Morning. I've got a complaint for you
    BossMan: Oh
    SC: Its about boggles.
    ME: oh
    SC: Well more precisely it's his appearance. I think you need serious words with him. On Sunday he quite frankly looked scruffy and a mess.
    BM: that's odd I don't recall him looking scruffy that day.
    SC: well he was when I saw him. He was wearing scruffy tracksuit pants and a sweaty t shirt.
    Me: oh yeah. I was wearing that when I saw you.
    BM: Really?
    Me: yes. It was about five hours after we closed when I was leaving the gym!
    BM: ok then. I don't really think you've got grounds to complain then I'm afraid.
    SC: You won't do anything then? Well that's appalling. I Won't be coming here again then.
    BM: ok, bye bye.
    Last edited by Boggles; 04-28-2009, 10:00 AM.
    Good customers are as rare as Latinum. Treasure them. ~ The 57th Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition.

So this guy is upset because of what you were wearing when you were off duty?

Wow.
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Some people have no lives if they're watching you at work...

What, do they think that retail workers become <insert size of choice here> by magic? If so, I want some!
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Wab.. uuhh.. gagga.... ah... wahbahbahgagagugu.

*sigh*
        http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
        Melody Gardot

Comment

That is all...
          A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

I think he genuinely didn't realise I wasn't working.

People get used to seeing me evry morning when they go to work, every evening when they come back from wok and every weekend when they are out shopping so they can't handle seeing me outside of a retail context. It's the same with people who see me in the village pub and think it is acceptable to start work talk because they can't cope with the concept of off-duty.
            Good customers are as rare as Latinum. Treasure them. ~ The 57th Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition.

Comment

Quoth Boggles View Post
              SC: well he was when I saw him. He was wearing scruffy tracksuit pants and a sweaty t shirt.
              Me: oh yeah. I was wearing that when I saw you.
              BM: Really?
              Me: yes. It was about five hours after we closed when I was leaving the gym!
              BM: ok then. I don't really think you've got grounds to complain then I'm afraid.
              SC: You won't do anything then? Well that's appalling. I Won't be coming here again then.
              BM: ok, bye bye.
              Can anyone say stalker? You may want to start keeping track of any contact you have with this person...just in case.
              Tamezin

Comment

He gets corrected and still persists on a complaint!?!

Why hasn't anybody designs a cranium-anus extraction kit yet? It seems that so many people suffer from a improperly-stored head.

Comment

Quoth Shamus View Post
                  Why hasn't anybody designs a cranium-anus extraction kit yet?
                  They have. It's called a "crowbar," and can be picked up easily and cheaply at your local hardware store
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

some...people...
                    "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
                    -Red

Comment

Quoth Boggles View Post
                      I think he genuinely didn't realise I wasn't working.
                      Heh - one of the perils of working such long hours. Been there myself.

Rapscallion

Comment

I am not surprised one bit, people think they own CS workers.
                        No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

I can honestly say I've never wanted bodily harm unto a sucky customer. Until I read this.

Comment

That is all.....

I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

That just boggles my mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X