X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
    for some reason... now i feel violated... i wanna know too
    Agreed. Do tell.
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
      Agreed. Do tell.
      Actually, he's told this story, if it's the correct one I'm thinking of. The co-worker who first wanted to be a woman, and so dressed up like one, and then decided he WAS a woman, and acted there as, I think including pretending he had periods. The thread's around there somewhere.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
        Hot Tips for America

Alright, you generously presented a couple of plans which you felt would be of great assistance to the conflict in Iraq and Afghanistan. Allow me to go over these plans with you and help you address some of the more glaring issues present in them:

Plan A)

Attempt to “break their spirit” by “burning down their mosques and temples”. Because Islamic extremists react so well when you directly attack their religion or anything even remotely related to their religion. It really bums them out alright.

PS. I have a teddy bear for you.
        Named Mohammed?
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Things I Didn't Need to Know

“Like, oh my god, When I was 6 I use to sh*t the bed because I was bored.”

Thank you for sharing, Group of Loud Yammering Teen Girls on the Skytrain. I knew more sordid and deeply personal details about your collective lives by the time I reached Granville then I do about my closet friends. Mostly because my friends have some sense of shame and / or class.
          This reminds me of a Facebook group that I belong to called "Overheard at the U of A...". Basically people post snippets of conversations they hear when walking by a group of people of campus, a half-heard conversation in a class, or a randon non-sequitor that a freshman says in class.

It's by far the most entertaining group out there.

Quoth blas87 View Post
          I'll donate mine to research and science.
          *confused and a little scared*

Donate your...what, exactly?
          I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Erm....my eggs and stuff....
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
              Erm....my eggs and stuff....
              Ah. I promise I'll never bring this up ever again.
              I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth bigjimaz View Post
                Many have copied your posting style
                Yeah, I've noticed that.
                What ever happened to originality?

It's like having someone with a voice more suited to R&B or Soul covering a pop or country song.

Imitation is a sincere form of flattery, I guess, but, no matter how much people may try, there's only one Gravekeeper.
                Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                  Actually, he's told this story, if it's the correct one I'm thinking of. The co-worker who first wanted to be a woman, and so dressed up like one, and then decided he WAS a woman, and acted there as, I think including pretending he had periods. The thread's around there somewhere.
                  I totally remember this story. *big time lurker* I was searching for it a few months ago, but came up emtpy. Link please??

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                    there's only one Gravekeeper.
                    and that is why Gravekeeper has a fan club.

Try not to take so long between posts... I was getting the shakes from withdraw...
                    Everything sucks. I must be living in a vacuum.

Comment

I tried checking Google Maps to see if you were trying to spell out "SEND HELP" out of hats on satellite view. But that wasn't it either. So what the hell is going on up there?
                      However, common sense would dictate ( Or in your case, scream itself hoarse trying to get your attention. )
                      What I always do is open up all the posts I haven't yet seen in tabs. I open Gravekeeper's last...kind of a "saving the best for the end" sort of thing. This is a perfect example of why.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                        (...)
                        Imitation is a sincere form of flattery, I guess(...)
                        Good artists copy, but great artists steal! (Picasso said that. And Steve Jobs.)

And I do the same thing Mango does, saves GK's threads for last. Always a joy, and they remind me of the time I worked at the same kind of phone CS.
                        Last edited by Broomjockey; 02-04-2008, 02:50 PM. Reason: fix'd zee tag! :D
                        Customer (on the phone): YOU ARE DUMB! D-U-M-M!
                        Me:

Comment

I shall attempt to apologize in the form of an epic length post:
                          With such brilliant (and hilarious) writing, there's no need to apologize. It was worth the wait. I do believe you encounter more weirdos in a week than I've encountered in my entire lifetime.

And, as Sonoma mentioned, my cat was also amused by my fits of laughter.

(Is it sadistic of me to hope that you stay at your job for a while longer so we can continue to be entertained on a regular basis?)

Retail Haiku:
                          Depression sets in.
                          The hellhole is calling me ~
                          I don't want to go.

Comment

Geography Lessons
                            SC: “So where’s Vancouver in relation to Michigan?”
                            Then take whatever measures are necessary to ensure you never have to communicate with anyone from outside your own country ever again.
                            This one seems a little harsh to me GK. At least he was attempting to rectify his ignorance instead of being willfully UScentric.
                            As far as apologizing for that ignorance, I don't know. What is the acceptable minimum for geographic knowledge? Know your own country? Sure. Know the countries bordering you? Absolutely. Know every province of the country two borders away? The three leading exports of Turkistan? Seems kind of subjective to me....
                            Before the outsourcing backlash hit, I filled in some HUGE gaps in my knowledge of Indian geography and climate while waiting for client machines to reboot (Now of course, "Ken" is extremely reluctant to admit that he's not from Ohio.)

I had the following conversation with a hobo up by 7/11 this evening:
                            “Hey sir, you got any change?”
                            “No, sorry.”
                            “FAK HOLE YOU DOWNER FISH!”
                            Maybe he's talking to Foul ol' Ron:

'Millenium hand and shrimp!'

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                              This one seems a little harsh to me GK. At least he was attempting to rectify his ignorance instead of being willfully UScentric.
                              <sigh>. Of course its harsh. Look who you're talking too. My posts are jokes, people. Jokes. Stop taking what I say seriously ( Not you specifically sms, just people in general on here lately ). Its getting tiresome. I'm joking and to be bluntly honest I'm the one that takes these calls so trying to make any kind of judgment call on them when you're reading 3 lines of transcript from the call on the Internet is silly. You didn't hear the entire call, you didn't hear the tone of voice they used, you don't know if he was being naively ignorant or an arrogant prick. So why not just laugh at the joke and move on? -.-

The call in question was actually a 25 minute tech support call that included a lot of dead air "waiting for x to install/dowload" which he filled by making painfully ignorant conversation about other countries. I'm just highlighting two of the more groan worthy statements he made about my country specifically.

I assure you, people earn my wrath for a reason.

In closing: Lighten up people. ><

Comment

In closing: Lighten up people. ><
                                Your posts lighten me up.... and I don't take any of it personally... because I'm not one of your callers
                                Everything sucks. I must be living in a vacuum.

Comment

Working...
                                X