This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth chops View Post
    Just like the way every customer in Clerks would say...

"Pack of cigarettes..."
    Heehee . . . . I was thinking the same thing . . .

Of course, I don't even have to say what brand if I go 'round the corner to the Quick Stop . . . they have 3 clerks that work in this store and all of them are used to me coming in almost every other day. They ask me how many packs I want.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Waffle cones are awesome
      I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Quoth Monica View Post
        Don't get me started on the customers who don't know the difference bewteen regulars and 100's.
        Isn't it amazing how many people don't even know what the crap they're smoking?
        I can't believe how many smokers out there don't even know the basic lingo to cigarettes!
        Had an interview for a different job today. I'm hoping so bad that I'll get it! I'm so ready to get out of this store.

Comment

I used to work part-time at a discount tobacco store. I never got over being amused by the customers who would ask for a brand that we only carried in boxes and would specify "in a box." The only ones that did not specify were those who smoked a brand the was available in both box and softpack. Or they would ask for the brand and then get upset when I didn't automatically know that they wanted that brand in light or ultra-light. We were just supposed to know those things. There were some who would just stand there waiting for us to know how many of which brand they wanted. We also sold damaged and outdated cigarettes for 1/2 price - you can only imagine the people who came in and told us how much $$ they had and left it up to us to figure out how many packs of the cheapest damaged or outdated cigarettes they could buy with their plastic baggie of loose change.
          "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Customers always used to play "The Game" with me. They tried it with my manager, but she'd get so mad after two rounds that once I saw her throw a pack of cigarettes at a customer.

They'd start with "Packomarbos!"

So I'd grab a pack of MARLBORO (most customers couldn't pronounce it right) reds, and then they'd scream "NO, LIGHTS!" and I'd get lights, and then they'd scream "NO, 100s!" and then I'd get light 100s, then they'd go "No, I said ULTRA LIGHTS!"

It got really, really old. I think some of them did it just to watch me run around. They were so stupid. I'm never dealing with that again.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth CiggyStoreClerk View Post
              Isn't it amazing how many people don't even know what the crap they're smoking?
              I can't believe how many smokers out there don't even know the basic lingo to cigarettes!
              Had an interview for a different job today. I'm hoping so bad that I'll get it! I'm so ready to get out of this store.
              it goes for food too.
              I get people coming into my deli, who want fried chicken...
              "I ONLY eat white meat. Give me two thighs."

how about I get back to you once you've figured it out...
              Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                Customers always used to play "The Game" with me.
                I'm sorry, by mentioning the Game, you have Lost the Game. Better luck next time.

As for the Clerks thing, I should point out, they only HAD one brand. Nails.
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                  I'm sorry, by mentioning the Game, you have Lost the Game. Better luck next time.

As for the Clerks thing, I should point out, they only HAD one brand. Nails.
                  Ooh, I like the Game. The Game is fun, and not hard, if you know the rules. If I say my name or your name, I will lose the Game.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Omg! It just happened!
                    Guy walks in, seems ok, his wife comes in behind him.
                    They say their hello's, then the husband says:

"16 cartons, please."

I was so tempted to start giving him 16 cartons of everything.

Comment

One word... sarcasm

I get callers doing the "I'll just give you my rego...".
                      "Why?"
                      When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Yeah, I get this every day. Usually, the conversation goes like this:

*Phone rings, I pick up*
                        "Hi, I was wondering if you had copies of the blueprints of my house in your archives?"

*I wait for them to tell me their name, address, property number or any other way of identifying THEIR house. I give up after a little while*

Me: "I don't know, but let me find out. Where do you live?"

The saddest thing I've experienced was one guy who called and did NOT KNOW his own street address...
                        Any resemblance between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                          Oh, screw YOU! I was on a years-long streak!!
                          "If life ain't just a joke, then why are we laughing?" - Gerard Way

Comment

Working...
                          X