Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just realized (i just never really noticed) that my store cooks onion rings on the chicken side... we do it because it makes the oil gross faster.

i hate the kind of vegetarians who do it to lose weight... i once was one my bus and listening to a 14 year old girl talking about her friend who became a vegetarian and lost quite a bit (i can't remember how much, but it was too much too fast. maybe 10-15 pound in 2 weeks) of weight. she thought it was a great idea! err, if your losing that much weight that fast... a sure sign you aren't doing it properly! what an idiot, her friend said "uh, thats a dumb idea...don't do that"

also, i just remembered, when i worked a mcdonalds, they cooked there veggie burgers on the grill, where all the meat is cooked!

Comment

My 5 year old has recently discovered that meat comes from animals.....dead animals.
      Thankfully she is not turned off by it at all, facinated is more like it. We go through the following at just about every meal:

"Is this <chicken, pig, cow, fish, etc> dead?"
      "Yes, the <animal> had to die so we can eat."
      "Oh. OK." Happily chomps down. Often followed by "Dead <animal> is YUMMY!!"

That is my kid!!

Comment

It is true that their are people that think Vegetarian only means they don't eat red meat. (as in cow products)
        It became easier to say "Vegetarian who eats fish", or "Vegetarian who eats fish and chicken". Than to add a whole bunch of terms to society that don't effect huge numbers.
        I know of two women that due to liver problems they are now on medications that have huge side effects if they have red meat.
        So when they go out they have found it easier to order from the vegetarian side because the kitchen staff will be more careful. (and the waitress isn't bogged down with health information that has to be passed on)
        Some people have eaten out with them and then later seen them eating chicken and question them . . .they tell the truth. (not vegetarian but just safer in the resturant to do and not be a brat to staff over diet restrictions)

Comment

I must admit that I HAVE tried the "Chicken is not a meat" thing during lent simply because I LOVE CHICKEN SO MUCH and I was desperate. Didn't fly with my mom though. I was the fifth boy in the family. She knew her stuff by then.
          "Jester, I have an opportunity for you." Uh oh. What does he want me to clean? "It 's a chance for you to make some extra money." Crap, it must be really gross!

-Jester

Comment

I don't eat red meat and not for any reaon other than I don't like it.

The only time I have a craving for it is when my iron levels drop, at that point I could eat a whole cow.
            Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

I worked ina restaraunt before as a dish washer (job from hell with a boss who had no right being in the business)

They had a special frier for their "special" seafood stuff. Nothing else was allowed in it.

Apparently someone at his other store ordered something fried and the order before that one had coconut shrimp.

Guess what this person was alergic to... Coconuts and shrimp.

A settled lawsuit later he made sure that he made sure he had a special frier for the shellfish stuff (regular fish sandwiches used the regular frier).

Comment

I think he meant VEGETABLE OIL.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                  wasn't beef flavoring. Unless I'm mistaken, it was that there was beef fat (lard) in the oil used to fry them.... in India. Where cows are sacred. *sigh*
                  I didn't know it was IN India.

I thought it happened in the US, but the man who sued was from India.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I used to work with a "vegan" who would constantly lecture me about the "crap" I was putting in my body and how much healthier she was because she NEVER ate ANY animal products. Then one day, I saw her eating JELLO Gelatin with her lunch. I aksed her if she had stopped the vegan thing. She looked at me like I was nuts and said "It's JELLO! It's just sugar and water and gelatin."

I asked her if she read the ingredients on the box. She said she didn't need to since she already KNOWS what's in it. I then put on my best straight, superior teacher mode and let her know that gelatin comes from the BONES of ANIMALS.

She didn't believe me and started asking everyone else in the office. Seems she was the only one who DIDN'T know where gelatin comes from.

She went home sick that day.
                    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Sheldonrs, I would've loved to have been there for that.

Is it bad that I'm laughing at her right now?
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                        She didn't believe me and started asking everyone else in the office. Seems she was the only one who DIDN'T know where gelatin comes from.

She went home sick that day.
                        Nothing like spouting off without knowing what you're talking about

I almost feel sorry for her.
                        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                          I didn't know it was IN India.

I thought it happened in the US, but the man who sued was from India.
                          There may have been one in India (although that would be even more stupid). The one in America involved a lot of Hindus, and I'd assume at least some of them were from India.
                          Last edited by Anriana; 02-20-2008, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Quoth queenbb View Post
                            i even have a friend who is a "meatatarian" thats right he refuses to eat vegitables
                            Uh... your friend... hmmm... how do I put this...? They're "veget"arians because they eat "veget"ables.
                            You can't be a "meatat"arian, because there's no such thing as "Meatat"ables...

The McDonald's lawsuit about their fries?
                            I read about that in Fast Food Nation. They were sued for it because someone wrote them a letter, asking if they had any vegetarian foodstuffs, and they said, "Sure, our fries are vegetarian".
                            Later, McDonalds is in court, defending their food preparation systems, and claims they never claimed their fries were vegetarian. The letter the first vegetarian received from McD's turns up in the prosecutor's hands, and McD's loses.
                            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

For a while I was an Ovo-Lacto-Pescatarian. I just didn't eat chicken or red meat. I think I lasted about a month, until I just HAD to have a steak....
                              *ashamed*

Pity too, coz I ate alot more pulses when I was a OLP....
                              The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                                Uh... your friend... hmmm... how do I put this...? They're "veget"arians because they eat "veget"ables.
                                You can't be a "meatat"arian, because there's no such thing as "Meatat"ables...
                                So, let me get this straight. According to that formula, someone who eats humans can't be "humanitarian" because there is no such thing as a "humanit"???????11??

I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

Working...
                                X