Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hit the road, Jack, and don't you come back no more!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hit the road, Jack, and don't you come back no more!

It's been a while since I posted anything about sucky customers. It's also been a while since I commented on how AWESOME my management is at The Bar. Let's end both of those streaks now, shall we?

At The Bar, for our happy hour, we do 2 for 1 on domestic beer and well drinks, but only at certain hours, and only at the bars, not at the tables. When someone orders such a drink at such a place at such a time, we give them a little token that they can turn in later for a free drink--thus they get the 2 for 1 without their second drink getting warm or watered down. But those tokens are ONLY good at either of the bars, and only during those certain hours. This is all relevant.

So I was bartending last night on the roof deck. My coworker EW had a table of a couple military guys, one of whom seemed nice enough. The other one, however, was a major dickhead.

Earlier in the evening, Nice Guy had tried to use a token with EW to get a drink, and I had to explain that they are only good at the bar. I told him I'd make an exception, thinking I'd be nice. And of course he tried to get a Captain Morgan's and coke with the token. While our well liquor IS good stuff, not garbage, Captain is NOT a well. Once he was educated, Nice Guy seemed fine with the whole thing, and took the free (well) rum and coke.

About an hour after happy hour ended, and thus the time for turning in tokens ended, Dick Head comes up to me at the bar, puts down a token, and asks for a beer. Remember, I am not his server, but whatever. More to the point, that token wasn't valid at this hour.

JESTER: "I'm sorry sir, but I can't take that."
    DICK HEAD: "Why not?"
    JESTER: "It's only good at happy hour, which ended over an hour ago."
    DICK HEAD: (tosses the token in my general direction in disgust) "Shove it then. Just give me a beer and put it on my tab."
    JESTER: "Sir, do not talk to me like that."
    DICK HEAD: "I'd like to talk to your manager."
    JESTER: "No problem."

So I called downstairs and explained exactly what had just happened to Rockin' Manager. And she came up to talk to Dick Head. She let him tell his side of the story, patiently standing there while he yammered. Then....

ROCKIN' MANAGER: "And what part of all of that makes you think you can talk to my bartender like that?"
    DICK HEAD: "I live here!"
    ROCKIN' MANAGER: "Oh, if I could only tell you how many times I hear that. But that does NOT give you the right to treat my staff the way you did. I am paying your check, and you are leaving. NOW."
    DICK HEAD: "I'll pay my own tab."
    ROCKIN' MANAGER: "No, y9ou won't. I'll take care of your check, and you'll leave. And by the way....you aren't welcome back here. Ever."

Dude must have felt like a wave, because he got SURFED!

I love my job!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Nice to hear of managers with a spine.

Whats with the manager paying the cheque? Surely that means the guy has got free stuff, or have I got that arse backwards...?
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

She payed for his check because that gave the customer more incentive to leave wihtout putting up more of a fight. If he continued to argue with her, she may have withdrawn her offer.
      "They're magically delicious, bitch!"- Kara, http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=34968

Comment

He's alive! He's alive!!!

* does a dance *

This wouldn't be the same without the jester
        I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

I bet you said something like this after he got pwned.

Jester: That was some of the best flying I've seen to date - right up to the part where you got killed.

I'm tolerant of everyone and everything except for assholes. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

Jester, we've missed you!!! It's like having no gravekeeper posts for a long time - both of you should be chained to this forum for our entertainment, no matter how selfish a dream that is

Kudos to your manager for... well... rocking
            GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
              both of you should be chained to this forum for our entertainment,
              We could always offer to pay them to work as our entertainment, however, then WE would be the SCs...
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                We could always offer to pay them to work as our entertainment, however, then WE would be the SCs...
                Well, I think we would know to behave better than that because

1) We're here and vent against people like that

2) Both Gravekeeper and Jester would proceede to publicly humiliate us and berate our suckiness.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                  Both Gravekeeper and Jester would proceede to publicly humiliate us and berate our suckiness.
                  Anyone care to start up a collection fund to buy the services of GK or Jester? Anyone?
                  "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                    Anyone care to start up a collection fund to buy the services of GK or Jester? Anyone?
                    I'm in!

Comment

And that, boys and girls, is what we call PWNED.

Your management rocks!

Comment

Whats with the manager paying the cheque? Surely that means the guy has got free stuff, or have I got that arse backwards...?
                        Quoth ktopmil View Post
                        She payed for his check because that gave the customer more incentive to leave wihtout putting up more of a fight. If he continued to argue with her, she may have withdrawn her offer.
                        Not quite. It's more like "I am taking your check and paying for it and telling you to get the fuck out. End of story, no argument, see ya later, buh bye!" To Rockin' Manager, it is worth comping a check to get rid of an asshole. Especially if it's permanently.

Quoth Bliss View Post
                        This wouldn't be the same without the jester
                        Thanks to you and all the other nice comments. I've just been....busy. But as this forum and my storage company back in Phoenix should know by now, just because I disappear for a while without a word doesn't mean I am gone.

Quoth Juwl View Post
                        I am a born and professional entertainer, and honestly, my pride would not in any measure object to being paid to regale y'all with my stories, insights, observations, and opinions. Hell, even my mother would be happy, as she is always telling me I should do more with my writing talent.

Well, I think we would know to behave better than that because

2) Both Gravekeeper and Jester would proceede to publicly humiliate us and berate our suckiness.
                        Completely and utterly. Even more so if I am getting paid. As I will be doing tonight as tonight is Day One of my latest substitute job for Frank at his magic bar. Smartasses, step right up to the magic bar and learn the meaning of what being a Smart Ass is all about.

Quoth Juwl View Post
                        I am a whore. I admit it. You guys pony up, I'll be there. But I warn you: I may be easy, but I'm not cheap.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

I wish I could somehow throw people out and ban them from calling. Although on the upside any request for a supervisor or manager here is completely futile as there is no one beyond me present. I am the Alpha and the Omega.

Quoth tollbaby
                          Jester, we've missed you!!! It's like having no gravekeeper posts for a long time - both of you should be chained to this forum for our entertainment, no matter how selfish a dream that is
                          Unfortunately, my tales require me to either be chained here at work or on public transit to gather adventures. If you chained me solely to the forum I would have no one to mock, belittle and berate except you guys.

Exactly.

Quoth Jester View Post
                          I am a whore. I admit it. You guys pony up, I'll be there. But I warn you: I may be easy, but I'm not cheap.
                          <Raises hand> I am.

Comment

I wish I could somehow throw people out and ban them from calling. Although on the upside any request for a supervisor or manager here is completely futile as there is no one beyond me present. I am the Alpha and the Omega.
                            You should start answering calls in the voice of Unicron from the Transformers movie (the good one, not that CGI crap from last year).
                            "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

honestly boys you need to watch yourselves....

Comment

Working...
                              X