This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's that time of year again.

Or another good title for this would be playing shop.

Yes the glorious half term, the kiddie winks are off, and the older set are tramping around the town.
    Nothing bad in that, most of them are pleasant unfortunately there are the ones that really get up your nose.

Kiddies playground

We have had a few of these, usually but not always they're boys.
    Mum and or Dad is sick of the sight of them, and has told them to go out somewhere.
    Where do they wander?
    Right into the High Street and straight for the stores to make a nuisance of themselves.
    Vandalising property(recently the photo booth outside our doors), starting problems with the customers , usually cr#p they'd do in the playground.
    None to pleasant comments, swearing directed at anybody that crosses their path.
    Trashing the store and the toilets, why, because we can't really do anything about them and worse still they know it..They are still minors, so what ever they do it's a warning or a slap on the wrist.
    Most we can do is ask them to leave, can't lay a finger on the little brats.
    (wouldn't want to actually hurt them, but would really like to drag them home to their parents and explain to them exactly what their 'not so little darlings' have been up to)
    It's got to the point where they will happily cheek our security man (who scares the hell out of most of our shop lifters. big softie but he looks really big and scary he looms )

Dress up

Balls, proms, weddings, special occasions there are times when a girl needs a really fantastic dress, which will probably cost a fortune.
    We stock a decent section full, gorgeous things but the prices are £70 (approximately $140) and up, seriously I try not to look at the prices of some most are more than I earn in a week.

Round the school holidays we often get silly (best word I can think to describe some of the ones I've met this week) teenage girls who come in to play dress up.

They pick up these dresses and spend most of the morning(or if they can get away with it the day) trying them on .Wasting staff members time when they could be dealing with another customer.
    They are not going to buy them,( at 13 / 14 I doubt many of them could unless someone else is paying for it) they just want to play around with their friends doing this.

These dresses often get smudged, crumpled from being dropped on the dressing room floor, the fabric can be snagged , you get the picture
    After this the clothes can be in a bit of a state, which we can do nothing about except reduce the price when the next person wants to buy one.

Generally we will try to cotton on to this, and simply shut the fitting rooms, or refuse to let them in without an adult / parent present. (not nice but neither is them ruining a £100 dress or three)
    So they have started wandering to other floors, trying to get in any unattended fitting rooms.

Anyone else had trouble this half term?
    Please excuse me , I need to wander round the corner to scream now, before my head explodes.

Quoth going gaga View Post
    Trashing the store and the toilets, why, because we can't really do anything about them and worse still they know it..They are still minors, so what ever they do it's a warning or a slap on the wrist.
    If the local police are able to respond to calls on this sort, get the kids pulled in... then hit the parents for damages. The moment you start indicating that the adults have to go to court, junior is far less likely to have unsupervised free time.

Comment

Thanks for the advice.
      I think that might have happened at one point,I'm not sure though burly security man and his team deal with it.
      Got the bobbies involved earlier in the year round Christmas with one bunch and managed to get a life time ban on the kids being in store. Still see them occasionally but we do have the threat of calling the police instead of security.
      Usually when the public toilets are closed and they come in to use ours , which will mysteriously now always be being cleaned by a female cleaner. Cruel but effective.
      Please excuse me , I need to wander round the corner to scream now, before my head explodes.

Comment

These dresses often get smudged, crumpled from being dropped on the dressing room floor, the fabric can be snagged , you get the picture
        After this the clothes can be in a bit of a state, which we can do nothing about except reduce the price when the next person wants to buy one.
        Oh to be able to enforce the "You Break It, You Bought It" rule.

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
          Oh to be able to enforce the "You Break It, You Bought It" rule.
          be brilliant if I could,
          hand them a phone and tell them ring your parents to come pay for this expensive dress you just ruined.

Comment

Half term at the cinema is busy as usual, but I only I only had one slightly sucky customer. He ordered one sweet popcorn and one salted one. I put the first box down and said 'That's your salted', and then after getting the rest of his stuff, he payed. He picked up the popcorn boxes and said, 'Which is which?'
            I said, 'I don't know, you could taste them.'
            In a very annoyed tone, he complained, 'That's stupid. It should be written on the box on something.'
            "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Because it's soo hard to pay attention to what you've been told.

Comment

Balls, proms, weddings, special occasions there are times when a girl needs a really fantastic dress, which will probably cost a fortune.
                We stock a decent section full, gorgeous things but the prices are £70 (approximately $140) and up, seriously I try not to look at the prices of some most are more than I earn in a week.
                My fancy prom clothes cost around 415USD, some 290 being the suit and shirt.
                I found that a tad much until I learned the prices of some girls' dresses.
                Seriously, 650USD for a freakin' dress?

PS. http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/2...2598995wr7.jpg
                Music: Last.fm
                Pwetty pictuwes: DeviantArt | Flickr

Comment

My prom dress cost...$80, plus $10 in alterations. Mom and I raided the clearance section of JCP after New Years'.

Come to think of it... *digs out a receipt* Yup...my wedding dress was $450 and $50 in alterations. Those girls spent more for their prom dresses than my prom and wedding dresses combined!
                  It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

because we can't really do anything about them and worse still they know it..They are still minors, so what ever they do it's a warning or a slap on the wrist. Most we can do is ask them to leave, can't lay a finger on the little brats.

Can't you throw some of that "Antisocial Behavior" legislation at them?

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/CrimeJus...ion/DG_4001652

Comment

Quoth PaRaGaS View Post
                      My fancy prom clothes cost around 415USD, some 290 being the suit and shirt.
                      I found that a tad much until I learned the prices of some girls' dresses.
                      Seriously, 650USD for a freakin' dress?

PS. http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/2...2598995wr7.jpg
                      I know this is OT (please don't hurt me!)
                      but Paragas - your date's dress is AWESOME!
                      and you're rather nice looking too *rowr* (meant in a totally non-creepy way)

Back OT - if my Mom had ever heard I was trying things on, damaging them and not buying them, she would've bought them, and then made me do housework till I'd worked off the amount I owed her. How else can one learn about accountability and responsibility?
                      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth LadyAndreca View Post
                        Those girls spent more for their prom dresses than my prom and wedding dresses combined!
                        Yeah, I know. It's madness.
                        A suit is a suit. It can be worn on many occasions. But such dress?
                        Not anywhere near formal and in some instances quite uncomfortable, from what I heard.

Just WHY?

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                          I know this is OT (please don't hurt me!)
                          but Paragas - your date's dress is AWESOME!
                          and you're rather nice looking too *rowr* (meant in a totally non-creepy way)
                          I wouldn't mind anyway

Quoth iradney View Post
                          Back OT - if my Mom had ever heard I was trying things on, damaging them and not buying them, she would've bought them, and then made me do housework till I'd worked off the amount I owed her. How else can one learn about accountability and responsibility?
                          I had always offered to pay for my screwups, not that I had to offer it often.
                          Last time was when I puked on the backseat of my AM's car after a company party and wanted to pay for cleaning, but he just laughed it off.

Seriously, that was some party. I wouldn't want to repeat that... I think.

Comment

But why did you tie your hair back?? I prefer my long-haired men to keep it loose and flowing...
                            "When life gives you lemons, you give life a f---ing paper cut and then squeeze f---ing lemon juice on it, because life should give you something better than f---ing lemons."

Comment

Quoth Finduilas View Post
                              But why did you tie your hair back?? I prefer my long-haired men to keep it loose and flowing...
                              I wish I could, but it just won't do. Not used to it.
                              I also wish I could grow back a beard, but in fastfood it just won't happen.

BTW, we're going wayyyy offtopic here.

Comment

Working...
                              X