X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth PaRaGaS View Post
    Yeah, I know. It's madness.
    A suit is a suit. It can be worn on many occasions. But such dress?
    Not anywhere near formal and in some instances quite uncomfortable, from what I heard.

Just WHY?
    Well, I've actually reworn most of my dance dresses. Granted, all but my prom dresses were purchased quite cheaply, and I've had special circumstances for the re-wearing...

My most expensive prom dress has been worn to 3 proms, and been used in a photo shoot with a friend.

My second most expensive was a strapless gold dress with a full skirt - I've worn it several years for Halloween with angel wings and a halo.
    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth PaRaGaS View Post
      Yeah, I know. It's madness.
      A suit is a suit. It can be worn on many occasions. But such dress?
      Not anywhere near formal and in some instances quite uncomfortable, from what I heard.

Just WHY?
      That's why it would make more sense to rent a dress, as compared to purchasing one.

We have a place here in town that rents party items, as well as tuxedo and dress rentals for special occasions.

Yes, you can rent a prom dress, bridesmaid's dress or even a wedding gown which we discovered some 19 years ago when Mom was planning her last wedding. We just weren't about to spend money on bridesmaid's dresses that would more than likely be worn only once - same with the tuxedos.

Mom's wedding dress we didn't have to rent though - she borrowed one from a cousin who happened to be the same size.

But if you don't care to or can't afford to purchase a special occasion dress (or suit) check your local Yellow Pages for party rental businesses. If they don't have attire, check under costumers - they'll either have something for you or can refer you to someplace that would.

Your wallet will thank you.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth PaRaGaS View Post
        BTW, we're going wayyyy offtopic here.
        Aaaaaaand we're going to stay there for just a bit longer! Seriously, though, you are cute!

Quoth iradney View Post
        and you're rather nice looking too *rowr* (meant in a totally non-creepy way)
        But this doesn't mean that we love GraveKeeper any less!
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
        X