This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sock Suckage

So yesterday I was working and had a guy come in and request socks that were composed of 87% cotton, and 3%spandex, with the rest being made of silk.....I replied that we didnt have any socks that are made of that fiber blend. He told me that my company did indeed make them. So I wandered over and showed him where our socks were. He then asked me what fabrics they were..so I went through and told him the blends on every sock (yes I actually know them which is scary). I then told him again that we had no socks with that blend.

He asked me to physically go through and SHOW HIM the blends in each product. SO I spent the next 20 minutes reading him the tags (when he coudl have done it himself) to illustrate what i already told him verbally..that we dont have socks with that particular blend. Once I was finished reading the packaging to him he then stated that he knew that we had some in back. I informed him that the only socks in the backroom were backstock of what is already out on the floor.

His next line? "You are absoloutley useless to me, you dont know anything, and you arent even trying to help me. I want to speak with the manager." I replied "sir, I am the manager on duty at the moment, and aside from our store manager I know more about these products then anyone who works here. I'm sorry..Ive been patient...I HAVE helped you, and if there is nothing else I can help you with I am going to check on my other customers in the store."

His response? "what is the number for your corporate offices? Im filing a formal complaint about the way you have treated me." So I gave him the 1-800 number and another customer standing near by said "I heard the number also, and Im calling to compliment you on how helpful you have been to this gentlemen." The guy got mad and left in a huff.

Seriously...I have NEVER seen someone looking for socks with an EXACT blend of fabric...and blending cotton, spandex, and silk together?!
    "I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse" --Walt Disney

Why didn't you pull out some skeins of yarn and your knitting needles and make him some socks? What kind of customer service is that? Geez!
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

You have to LOVE that since most people have worked in retail, they are always there to defend when the employee is right and the customer is a jerk-ass.

JB: Are you the grief counselor?
      GC: Oh, God, it never ends.

Cas@Mindsay

Comment

Hmmm. I wonder if he used to have a shoe fetish. lol!!!
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
          Hmmm. I wonder if he used to have a shoe fetish. lol!!!
          I dont know...maybe I should have taken a mugshot and sent it to IPF......
          Last edited by king4aday; 02-24-2008, 12:13 AM. Reason: dyslexic with IPF's name
          "I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse" --Walt Disney

Comment

I'll never understand why people take some things so seriously or act like shopping is a life-or-death experience. It's ridiculous. This guy's sense of entitlement was so over the top.

Comment

From the title I thought this thread might have something to do with the "gave a guy an orgasm" thread in Sightings.

Comment

Quoth king4aday View Post
                So yesterday I was working and had a guy come in and request socks that were composed of 87% cotton, and 3%spandex, with the rest being made of silk.....I replied that we didnt have any socks that are made of that fiber blend.

Seriously...I have NEVER seen someone looking for socks with an EXACT blend of fabric...and blending cotton, spandex, and silk together?!
                Maybe it wasn't his feet he wanted to put in the socks.
                "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

Working...
                X