This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A damn good GP!

Went to a follow up with my GP today and mentioned a 'new' few issues : hayfever, occasional early morning lightheadedness and weight (or size) gain.

She listened, took my blood pressure sitting and after intervals of standing and talked over my diet changes and general behaviour with me.

I mentioned I wasn't sure if it was low BP, potential diabetes due to the weight gain or something else but didn't want to ignore it.

She then said she was sure it wasn't diabetes as I didn't have enough indicators and actually said my weight gain is mostly likely a symptom/result of my other issues that restrict my mobility and not to worry about it. Said to keep drinking lots of a variety of liquids (not too much caffiene though) and keep an eye on the lightheadedness.

Can I please clone this doctor?
    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Dang, all my doctor does is worry about my wight loss, say its fine but eat more, and sign my new prescriptions for the next 3 months.

You have a real keeper there. I call dibs on the first clone
    I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

This is the first one I've had who hasn't jumped on the 'fat' bandwagon - let alone commenting on it as a symptom/by product of my other conditions!
      I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Working...
      X