Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you want to go to collections over $150...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you want to go to collections over $150...

I mean, I am collections but I'm talking about a third party who will report to the credit bureaus.

OK, so some of our customers are sales tax exempt. We have to have documentation in case the taxing authority decides to audit us. That means I need a certificate on file. This account has everything paid but the sales tax and the earliest charge goes back over a year so that's why I have it. I'm not allowed to write that off with it like it is. They are group of medical facilities. So the account has the old name, "Medical Entity A". The contract and the billing have A on them. However, "Medical Entity B" has taken over payment on that contract for whatever reason. They sent me a certificate with B on it which doesn't match the contract. I gave them two options:

1. Keep the name on the contract the same and get a certificate with A on it. It matches and we can make it tax exempt

2. Do a name change on the account/contract so that it is B which matches so that also would solve the problem.

A few emails went back and forth and now they are totally ignoring me. I sent a letter demanding payment after I explained that without proper paperwork, the sales tax is a valid charge. No response. I really don't want to end their contract in the middle of it, repossess their equipment, and send the account to an outside agency. Other than this snafu they always pay on time. They're just being stubborn over a literal piece of paper. But if they don't cooperate then within 3 weeks that's exactly what's going to happen. It frustrates me so much. I'm trying to help them out here.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

They're probably hoping to call your bluff, and will be shocked, shocked when the truck turns up to load the equipment for removal...
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I know what'll happen. I'll close the contract and tempted lock it. They will try to use it and call the regular customer service number and yell at the agent. Sorry, guys.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
      X