Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y'know, if this guy has time to call and complain about this, he has time to go and buy a freakin' pie or cake and put it in the refrigerator until Thursday.

Or he could wait until Wed. (nightmare grocery day, ugh, it's crazy in there) and buy it then. One day is not going to hurt the damn pie.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
      we're the scum of the universe and will be getting in trouble for not working that day.
      And who, exactly, is the sucktomer going to report you to? The people who decided you don't work that day? Logic: sometimes it's not a thing.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        Y'know, if this guy has time to call and complain about this, he has time to go and buy a freakin' pie or cake and put it in the refrigerator until Thursday.

Or he could wait until Wed. (nightmare grocery day, ugh, it's crazy in there) and buy it then. One day is not going to hurt the damn pie.
        The pies the Warehouse sells have a sell by date of at least five days, so even if a customer wanted a pie for Thanksgiving it still would be good if they bought it today. And the way pies were selling today when I was working, it seems like a good portion of customers don't really care that things aren't fresh fresh for their turkey dinner.

Quoth Food Lady View Post
        And who, exactly, is the sucktomer going to report you to? The people who decided you don't work that day? Logic: sometimes it's not a thing.
        I'm hoping that it continues to not be a thing.
        Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          Or he could wait until Wed. (nightmare grocery day, ugh, it's crazy in there)
          I thank my lucky stars I'm not working on Wednesday this week. I'll be seeing a matinee of Ralph Breaks The Internet instead.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
            I thank my lucky stars I'm not working on Wednesday this week. I'll be seeing a matinee of Ralph Breaks The Internet instead.

I hate you. WIR2 doesn't come out in New Zealand until Boxing Day
            Violets are blue,
            Roses are red,
            I bequeath to thee...
            A boot to the head >_>

Comment

Bummer, dude.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                Logic: sometimes it's not a thing.
                Consider this stolen.

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                I'm taking the family to see it on Friday.
                Last edited by EricKei; 11-21-2018, 12:21 AM. Reason: merged consecutive posts
                Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth Kagato View Post
                  I hate you. WIR2 doesn't come out in New Zealand until Boxing Day
                  I won't be seeing it until it is out on CD.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                    Consider this stolen.
                    Awesome. No one ever steals my stuff.
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Of course the line employees have the ability to change the store's business hours to make things more convenient for 1 single customer, you guys are just lazy slackers who don't understand how important it is to have fresh baked bread/pie/cake on the day required so they can enjoy a good meal with their family and friends. How dare you want to take time off to be with family and friends?!?!

My mother was taught to cook by her mother. Her mother was taught by her mother etc. My mother taught me to always bake the pies the day before so they would have time to cool and if I had screwed up, I would have time to make emergency pies later in the evening/early morning.

Comment

Mmmm, emergency pies...
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Speaking of pies, I have to bake some today. Buttermilk, of course.
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

If I never another pie again, I'll be happy.
                            Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Thinks there is a story behind this statement.

And just cause I'm feeling all picky and stuff...are you including pizza, meat pies and quiche in this statement? How about Reese's Peanut Butter Cups? There are all sorts of pies in the world. Why, yes, I do celebrate International Pi(e) Day every year, how did you know?

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
                                Thinks there is a story behind this statement...
                                You didn't get a name or CC# from the person who ordered 50 pies?

You baked them, you'll eat them.
                                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                                X