This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was wondering when I'd ruin a Thanksgiving

So the Warehouse is closed four days out of the year: New Years Day, Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day. This doesn't includes days when Mother Nature decides to throw hurricanes our way, which we were for at least a week because of a hurricane. This isn't something new that corporate decided to spring on everyone, it's been this way since well before I started and, quite frankly, I'm glad to have these days off.

Most customers are understanding that if they want something for Thanksgiving, they need to order it for the days prior to it so that they can, you know, pick it up. But this year it seems like so many customers can't seem to grasp that we'll be closed one day next week; majority will whine and moan, but get over it quickly. Not this customer who, despite being told not only by myself but several coworkers, we WILL NOT BE OPEN on Thanksgiving.

Not only did myself and my coworkers ruing his Thanksgiving by not being open, we're the scum of the universe and will be getting in trouble for not working that day. All because said customer doesn't want a pie, cake, and bread the day before, but the day of Thanksgiving.
    Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Then said customer should go buy the necessary utensils, ingredients and cookbooks (or go online for recipes) and spend Thanksgiving making their very own bread, cake and pie.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
      Then said customer should go buy the necessary utensils, ingredients and cookbooks (or go online for recipes) and spend Thanksgiving making their very own bread, cake and pie.
      Yeah, this. I can't even imagine having to rush out on the holiday to get that stuff. Why wait that long? Oh, yeah, to make other people's lives miserable.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
        All because said customer doesn't want a pie, cake, and bread the day before, but the day of Thanksgiving.
        science thinks it's hard to prove or measure dark matter or quarks, they should try to figure out how little fucks I give for him and his plans
        AkaiKitsune
        Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Dratted new-fangled icebox no good since the iceman quit delivering an iffn I set it out on the back porch, Yogi eatses it all!
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

dale -- Perhaps you should consider a fridge that does NOT look like a pic-a-nic basket?
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Congratulations on ruining a holiday.

Seriously, I can recall when only megamarts and drug stores were open on that day and for limited hours.
              Next that SC will expect you to cook it for them. Seriously, baked goods don't stale that quickly.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                Next that SC will expect you to cook it for them.
                Cook, deliver, and serve. You'll need to wear a proper serving uniform (you can pick one up, somewhere, I suppose).
                This is all included in the $5.99 price, right?

Comment

My pizza place is only closed 2 days ----- Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. The people who volunteer to go in on those 2 days to do dough prep are still surprised and the amount of phone calls that come in (no they do not answer the phone). I get it that not everyone celebrates these days BUT I do know that Chinese/Asia places are open that day along with Denny's and a few other 24/7/365 food places.
                  I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                  -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

So a slight update to this.

Apparently the customer in question had decided to call and complain that we wouldn't help him and wouldnt be open on Thanksgiving. I'm sure that he isnt the only one that has complained that the Warehouse isnt open all year round, but he was probably one of the loudest.

While we didn't get in trouble for it, we did get a talking to about 'being nicer to the customers.'
                    Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

So Krazy Kat understands that to mean, "Butter the brick."
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                        My pizza place is only closed 2 days ----- Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. The people who volunteer to go in on those 2 days to do dough prep are still surprised and the amount of phone calls that come in (no they do not answer the phone).
                        Why not just set the voicemail to answer when the first ring comes in? Or better yet, leave the phone off of the hook.

Comment

Voicemail leaves a glimmer of hope (and an opportunity to scream about no service). Busy signal means call dial repeatedly until starvation forces another path (and the 'right' to scream about not getting served when phones are manned the next day).
                          Endless ringing takes a toll on those who have to hear it, but eventually the Scaller gets the idea that there's nobody there to get them stuff.

Comment

Do the phones have the capability to turn off the ringer? Or at least turn it down?
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Buzzard View Post
                              Cook, deliver, and serve. You'll need to wear a proper serving uniform (you can pick one up, somewhere, I suppose).
                              This is all included in the $5.99 price, right?
                              Don’t forget the cleanup too! Or perhaps you charge a bit more for that one.
                              Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Comment

Working...
                              X