This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth AquaGirl View Post
    An on call doc-not the regular pedi-tried telling me that teething doesn't hurt babies and my daughter was just a drama queen.
    If the pain I felt when my wisdom teeth came in is anything like when a baby is teething, no wonder they cry so much. I know I wanted to cry at the time.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
      Please tell me a professional doctor didn't use the words "drama queen" on a child. Or even use those words at all.

I realize a pediatricians can get a bit harried from all of the hypochondriac parents they see in one day, but if a doctor ever said that to my nephew or nieces (assuming my sisters in law didn't kill them first) I'd have to tell them to shove the Scrubs DVD's up their ass and do their jobs.

It's like, if you weren't going to do it properly why pay all that money to go to medical school? There had to be cheaper trades to learn.
      Yes, she did. She said older children who can talk say that it doesnt hurt when permanent teeth come in so therefore it cannot hurt when baby teeth come in. I pointed out that they have a place for them to come into versus baby teeth which do not. She laughed and said I was overreacting and she didn't want me to think of giving g her tylonol. Yeah, she was a lemon.

Comment

Dear lord,

spare us all from 'doctors' like that.
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Stand up, grab the kid and run out screaming....To never come back... And find another docter

Comment

Makes me thankful for my pediatrician. Took the baby in because she hadn't slept in 2 days (and thus neither had I) because she had the worst cold I'd ever seen and is teething. He checked for an ear infection and then talked to me while my daughter tried to untie his shoes. He actually listened, liked my solutions of Sleepy Time tea in a bottle and saw my bottle of baby food and asked how I did it (cereal nipples + water, btw). Couldn't really do much for her besides what I was already doing but he did recommend an overnight stay at Nana's house so I could recover.
            "I'm starting to see a pattern in the men I date" - Miss Piggy, Muppet Treasure Island

I'm writing!! Check out the blog.

Comment

You know, times like this I really have to quote Bea Arthur from one of my favorite episodes of The Golden Girls:

"I don't know where you doctors lose your humanity, but you lose it. You know, if all of you at the beginning of your careers could get very sick and very scared for a while, you'd probably learn more from that than from anything else. You better start listening to your patients. They need to be heard. They need caring. They need compassion. They need attending to. You know, someday doctor Budd, you're going to be on the other side of the table, and as angry as I am and as ANGRY as I always will be, I still wish you a better doctor than you were to me. "

Comment

I had a neurologist act like I was faking once. I went when I was 15 because I had headaches every day, all day, and this had been going on since I was about 12. He did the MRI and all, but when it didn't show anything, he jumped to I must be faking. And started trying to get me to admit that the pain must not be that bad, and I must be exaggerating. Um...NOPE.
                "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                Amayis is my wifey

Comment

i was having an abscess form on one of my teeth - but the x-ray didn't show anything, and there was nothing (yet) visable - but when the older dentist pushed on my teeth, i nearly went through the roof; i ended up in tears, and told the dental assistant that I'm in pain, and that asshole is calling me a liar... they called my mom, and i got in trouble when i got home for my foul language and calling him a MF - i told her that is not what i said - a couple of weeks later i saw another dentist in that office, and he wasn't sure what the x-ray was showing him about my teeth either, so he opted to wait.... i didn't go back to the dentist for almost 13 years.....
                  I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Working...
                  X